Grievances

Astrid gasped as she shot up, holding a hand to her chest. Veins protruded from underneath her eyes, out of pure rage. Astrid sped to the front door, only for Erik and Elijah to stand in her way, the latter looking rather bored.

"I would suggest that you move." Astrid advised, her jaw clenched. When Elijah made no effort to move or even respond, she glared up at him with narrowed, dark eyes, shouting at him, "MOVE ELIJAH!"

Elijah simply looked at her with a dull expression, unrelenting. "It is important that you control your rage in this moment." Erik ran a hand down his face, knowing how this conversation would end.

"Control...my rage?" She repeated in absolute bewilderment. "Elijah, they have Nik. The sun has set, Alaric is still out there. The doppelgänger and her bloody 'protectors' have neutralised my husband. His life is in danger! My rage is completely justified. You'd think as his brother, you'd be more bothered about the situation." Astrid argued against her elder brother-in-law.  Her veins faded, the brunette calming down slightly, "I can't just sit here knowing he's in danger." She suddenly realised that her wand was nowhere to be found.

"Where's my wand?"  Erik showed it in his hands. "We will save him, but we do it Elijah's way first. If that does not work...Then we are free to get our vengeance." Erik explained, a sinister smile on his face, thinking of the possible revenge fantasies.

"Fine," Astrid gave in, "A warning...I will not hesitate in killing that human that daggered me if this plan involves any sport of foul play. Understand?"

"Yes, you have my word."

The three Mikaelsons arrived at the Gilbert residence. Elijah respectfully rang the doorbell, they had common decency. Elena opened the door and stood in place silently, her facial expression one of shock. Elijah asked permission for him and his brother & sister-in-law to enter the home. Elena slowly agreed, providing that the two in-laws behaved accordingly, and both Originals swore on their word.

After crossing the threshold of the residence, Erik, Astrid, Elijah, Elena, Matt and Stefan were gathered in the kitchen discussing a deal so that the Mikaelsons could get Klaus' body back, while also taking care of Alaric. Before they started, Astrid had already began glaring at the blonde human who had literally stabbed her in the back,
"Give me my dagger. I am not asking."

"It's our only guarantee that you and Erik won't kill us," Stefan sneered out Erik's name, obviously jealous and frustrated at the developing relationship between The Original and Rebekah.

"Your GUARANTEE- -is my husband." Astrid spoke, nearly losing her temper entirely, before holding out her palm.

"My dagger. Oh, and Erik's too. I know that you have it in your possession. I'll say it once more...I am not asking." She repeated her demands with an aggressive tone.

Elijah simply glanced at the other three, his expression blank, while silently urging to do as ordered.

"Why do either of you want it back?" Matt asked in bewilderment.

"I believe it's fairly obvious." Erik responded, not wanting to explain his reasons to the human.

"Yes, we both have our reasons but the main one is that we will not allow ourselves to become at risk at the hands of a human, doppelgänger, a baby hybrid and two pathetic vampires ever again," Astrid deadpanned, not caring at the insults that she announced.

Matt looked to Stefan and, very hesitantly, gave both daggers to the brunette. Astrid passed one back to Erik who clasped his hand around it gratefully. "Thank you." He said begrudgingly.