Chicago

"Welcome back to Chicago, Salvatore." Astrid mused to the younger vampire in the black SUV as it came to a stop. Klaus stepped out before kindly helping his wife out, despite her protests that she could do things herself. "What are we doing here?" Stefan questioned the two Originals. "I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back the memories of the good old ripper days?" "Blacked out most of them. Lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are a blur." "Oh, what a shame." Astrid fake-pouted. "Chicago was truly magical. I have certainly missed it." She smiled. "Right. Down to to business, then." "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't the both of you want to move on?" "Well, we're going to see one of my favourite witches." Klaus discreetly smiled at his wife's comment knowing exactly who her favourite witches are. "If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." He told Stefan.

The three vampires entered Gloria's currently empty bar and a smile adorned Astrid's face when she saw Gloria. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?" "I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan responded, astonished. "You have got to be kidding me." "So, a hybrid walks into  a bar, says to the bartender-" "Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny. I remember you." "Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be-" "Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?" "Gloria is a very powerful witch." "Indeed she is." "Well, I'll be damned. Astrid Mikaelson. What do they call you these days? Oh, yes. The Heretic Demon." Gloria chuckled before they both had a quick hug. "It appears so. You have aged beautifully, G." "Well, I can slow it down some. Herbs and spells. Don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." "Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up something from behind the bar?" Stefan nodded before leaving them alone to walk up to the bar. "You look ravishing, by the way." "Don't. Your wife is standing right next to you." Klaus glanced to Astrid who raised her eyebrows at him. "I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels." "So, what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." "Well, obviously you did something. Astrid, do you know of anything that would help?" "No, unfortunately not. Merlin Witches don't specialise in those kinds of curses. I wouldn't be of any help in this matter. Is there a loophole in this spell by any chance?" "Well, every spell to exist has a loophole. But, a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it." Astrid scoffed jokingly, "That would be the Original Witch. And she is very much dead." Gloria rolled her eyes at the comment before replying, "I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah." Astrid's eyes lit up in excitement at the thought of seeing Rebekah again. "Rebekah. Rebekah is preoccupied." "Well, she has what I need. Bring her to me." Stefan suddenly interrupted, "What is this?" Astrid got up from the seat she occupied to look at Stefan, as did Klaus. "Astrid told you, Stefan. Chicago is a magical place." "But...This is me. With you." He told them shockingly. 

"This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember either of you?" "You said it yourself, Stefan. That time had a lot of holes." Astrid spoke as they entered the warehouse with the coffins. "If you both knew me, why didn't you say anything?" "We're a little busy. Memory lane will have to wait." Klaus rushed as they walked further inside. Klaus stopped in his tracks as he heard Astrid gasp out of pain. He turned around to see Stefan with his hand in Astrid's chest. "Answer me." "Well, let's just say you two didn't get off to the best start. He hated you, if I'm honest. Now...Flipendo." Astrid had discreetly brought her wand out of her pocket before knocking him backwards without the spell resulting in Stefan bringing her heart out of her chest. "I have been wanting to do that for months now. Do that again and I will make sure you hurt. If we wish to remind you of our time shared in Chicago, then we shall allow you to remember." Klaus brought her towards him as Stefan stood himself up. "Lay a finger on her again, and I will kill you myself."

Flashback

Klaus walked towards Rebekah before he pulled on her arm. "Get off me!" "Who is this guy?" "Stefan, don't. He'll kill you." Rebekah pleaded. "Nik's a lot stronger than he looks." "So, this is the famous Stefan Salvatore Astrid has been hearing all about. She's right. He does have funny hair. I'm bored. I want to go." "Then go without me. I'm not your girlfriend. Or your wife. Go and find Astrid, why don't you? Where is she?" "Calm down, Bekah. I'm right here. Nik, just let her have some fun. What harm would it do?"