Failed Hybrids

"You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" "I'm fine." Stefan answered with little emotion. "Are you sure Stefan? We have been walking for a while." Astrid taunted, itching to kill one of those werewolves. "You know, I get that we're all stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, that'd be great." Klaus' lips turned downwards, "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." "Maybe I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer." "Thanks to our pal Ray, we've found ourselves a pack." There was tens of werewolves preparing for the full moon fast approaching. Astrid subconsciously clenched her fist tightly and the sight of many familars. They all stopped what they were doing and some of them looked away from Astrid in fear. She discreetly smirked at this. They feared her. Stefan roughly dropped ray to the floor from his shoulders. A female werewolf ran up to him. "Ray! Oh, my god. What's going on? Who are you?" She questioned, looking at Stefan. "The important question is who am I? Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus. I'm assuming by your fear directed to the lovely lady next to me, you know my wife, Astrid." "You're the Hybrid. And the Heretic Demon." "You've heard of us. Fantastic." Klaus smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf that isn't beholden to the moon. A vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Ray's back suddenly arched off the forest floor as he gasped. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." "What's happening to me?" Ray questioned, out of breath. "Stefan?" Astrid questioned meaningfully. Stefan sharply nodded before speaking loudly, "Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to transition to vampire. If not, he will die." "Doesn't take much. Just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, A girlfriend along for the ride." Klaus glanced at Astrid and she smirked before pointing at a boy in a light blue flannel. "You." She sped in front of him before taking a bite out of the flesh on his wrist. The female's eyes turned gold but Klaus held her back while Stefan held the human on the floor next to Ray. "You don't drink it, Ray...I will. Problem is, I don't know how to stop." "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die." Klaus mocked. "I would rather die than be a vampire." She snarled. Klaus' veins showed underneath his eyes before he fed her his blood and snapped her neck. "Ok...Who's next mongrels?" Astrid snarled. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klaus had just fed the human some blood and whispered, "Now you just relax. We're going to need you when the rest of them wake up." "They're dead. They're all dead." Ray repeated emotionally. "Well, he's through his transition, Nik. He should be feeling better soon." "So, this is your big, master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?" "You're mistaken. Not slaves, soldiers." "For what war, may I ask?" "Haven't you heard, Stefan? You don't arm yourself after war has already been declared. You build your army so big that no one dares pick a fight. It isn't difficult to be loyal if you're on the winning team." "That's why you're keeping me around? To witness my attitude adjustment?" "Shut up for just a moment. Salvatore. You'll know when we want you to." "That shouldn't be happening should it?" "Well, obviously." Klaus answered shortly.

"You said it was going to feel better? Why doesn't it feel better?" "Some master race." Stefan mocked in humour. "There is no need for the attitude, Stefan." The female werewolf suddenly awoke with a gasp and looked around. "Derek...Come feed your girlfriend." Derek walked towards her and while we were distracted, Ray flew threw the air and ran with his speed. "What are you waiting for? Go fetch him." Stefan sped away and I sighed, "Of all the arrogant, young vampires, why does Rebekah have to take a liking to that one?" "No idea, my love. I will be right back." He sped away, most probably to find Stefan, leaving the powerful Astrid with the werewolves. He was back in a matter of seconds. Both of them looked around to see every single one of them in pain. Shivering while bleeding from the eyes.

They all went rabid and tried to attack both of them. None of the failed hybrids were successful since Astrid & Klaus were a whole millennium older than all of them. One in particular that stood out to the female vampire. Then, it hit her. It was Greyback's younger sister. Her jaw clenched before she threw her hand forcefully into her chest before ripping her heart out.

Stefan returned, dropping Ray's body on the floor as he had done previously that day. The difference was, Ray Sutton was now dead, along with his pack. Some were killed by the husband and devoted wife, others...just bled out. "In the end, they are all...dead. Funny that." Astrid commented, sorrowful.

Nik suddenly threw an empty beer bottle at an old tree in anger. "I did everything I was told! I should be able to turn them," He shouted, slightly calming at the last statement. "Exactly. It doesn't make sense. You broke the curse. You killed a werewolf. You killed a vampire. And you also killed that...doppelganger wench." Astrid could see Stefan's expression. Something was wrong, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She looked up at Stefan and saw Klaus' smirk, "You look like hell." "Last I checked I'm dying. You don't wanna heal me...I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed the both of you...I'm sorry. Do what you have to do." "It should have worked." Klaus said. He filled another beer bottle with his blood to heal Stefan. "We're leaving. Drink up, Salvatore." Astrid mused before walking off after her husband.

Published 9:45 PM, 23rd May 2021

981 Words