XIV

"Returning Home"

Melissa stepped off the train, the citizens of District 2, were waiting to see her, to praise her, give her gifts. She could see Enobaria, Angie and Maverick in the crowd, front row waiting for her.

A little girl, with hair as dark as her own, walked up to her with a bouquet of lilies. Melissa smiled as she bent down to look at the girl and take the flowers from her.

"Hello, sweetheart what is your name?" Melissa asked as she took the flowers from her gently.

"Clove." The girl said, her hair in two braids, in a white dress, and polished shoes.

"Well clove, I hope to see you in the Academy. Right my dear." Mel said.

"Yes, ma'am." Clove said, Melissa stood after she gave the girl a kiss on the forehead.

Clove walked away, as Melissa walked down the stairs to greet her family.

She hugged Enobaria and Angie before taking Maverick from her hold.

"Hi, baby, I missed you." She told the baby, as she holds him close. He babbles and claps his hands in response. Makayla joined them, greeting the family as usual.

She walked through the crowd of people, earning a congratulations as she and her family made their way to the car taking them to the car, that would take her to her new mansion as victor of 66th Hunger Games.