Kabanata 2

KABANATA 2

Nakausap ko na ang abogado ni mommy, he said they're working on the case.

Tita Sol assured me that he is one of the best and mastered criminal law very well. Siniguro nya rin na hindi magli-lick sa press na naka-detain si Pelinara Del Hugo, napakalaking balita nun dahil si mommy na ang presidente ng DH Enterprises.

"Mommy, I never doubted you but please answer my questions" panimula ko sa isang mababang tono.

She just stayed at this place overnight but she looked miserable. Her straight and formal face still screams authority and elegance but she looks pale without her make up. Dark circle are below her eyes. And it was a horrifying sight.

I couldn't sleep properly thinking about my mom who's behind bars, trying to ignore the mosquito buzzes.

Still masked with a straight face, she waited for me to fire up my next sentence. Her pride is just too high to admit that she is hurt, miserable and broken.

"Is that Florence girl dad's mistress?" mahinahon at mahina kong tanong sa takot na may makarinig sa amin.

My mother's presence here is enough to draw attention from a quite big crown and I won't add fuel to that fire by being careless towards my actions.

Kumuyom ng bahagya ang kamay ni mommy kahit halatang nahulaan na nya na itatanong ko yun. I get the answer I need when she nod slightly.

"Gaano katagal nyo ng alam? Bakit di nyo sinabi sakin?"

"Six months.... But... It's for your own sake, I love you so much and I will never allow that divorce! It will hurt you. I can't afford that. I love you and I will sacrifice everything for you!"

She looked at me in the eyes and it sent shivers to my spine.

Napakagat ako agad sa labi ko.

I blinked thrice to hold my tears back. I just can not accept it!

Damn!

Her lips formed one thin line tanda na ganon din ang pagpipigil na ginagawa nya.

"Why is there phonecalls and meetings between you and that Leonardo?" patuloy kong tanong.

"He was one of my suitors back then and now we became acquainted because he invested in our company. After the incident, he just called to say condolence. That's all."

"Do you have a document to prove that investment or someone to tell na dahil lang lahat ng yun sa trabaho?"

"Yeah. It's all in my office and yes, yung secretary ko alam nya nag mga appointment ko."

Natahimik kami pagkaraan ng ilang saglit.

I was looking at her and observing her reactions from time to time and I can see that she is telling the truth that only means one thing.

"I think this is a set up."

She sigh.

"What's your plan?"

"Just stay safe mom. Keep yourself alive and I will do everything to get you out of this damn messy place" I said with finality.

Labag man sa loob ko ay kailangan ko nang umalis kaya kinabukasn ay mukha akong panda dahil sa ilang oras lamang na tulog.

"Praia, iha hindi ka ba papasok sa trabaho?" tanong ni Tita Sol na kapapasok lang sa fitness room kung saan ako nag e-exercise.

Umalis ako sa treadmill at kinuha ang towel ko para magpunas ng pawis.