01

CHAPTER ONE ;
TRAINING BEGINS!

ACT ONE ;
HUMANITIES FUTURE

"SO WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?! WHERE ARE YOU FROM? " A rather older-looking man with a long coat shouted in my ear

He stood tall, had no hair, and had tired eyes. Not to mention his foul mouth and vocabulary.

"[Y/N] [L/N], sir! Looking for clients, sir! "

His stern expression falters for a second and is replaced by that of shock.

"[L/N], huh? Haven't heard that name in a while. By clients, I assume you mean dead people? "

My expression brightened further at the recognition.

"Oh? So you know my family name? That must mean you're familiar with my parents! Well then, how do you feel about getting a membership–"

"No," he said flatly, my face deflating in response as I let out a huff.

"How boring. Death is silent and sudden, you know? You never know when it'll happen, and the fact that you're of a high rank in the military gives you all the more reason to! "

I'm a trainer, not a scout. I don't have any reason to join your list of corpses. "

"Suite yourself. However, I'll be asking you for the remainder of my time here just to make sure about your decision! "

He groaned quietly before making the row turn and going to pick on someone else.

I could feel the weird looks I was getting from all directions, but simply looked on. I let out a small laugh.

They'd all become my clients eventually, whether they wanted to admit it or not.

﹌﹌﹌

The day was nothing more than an induction and to root out those who were unfit for the job. Whether it's physically or mentally

The sun was now setting and a young lady whom the commander, Keith, had caught munching on a potato, was still running laps.

"Man, she's been at it for five solid hours. "She's really something," a young boy with a shaved head commented as a crowd gathered, albeit a very small crowd.

"Dauper's a small hunting village in the mountains, isn't it?" He asked to know one in particular.

However, no one responded, and their attention was drawn to the carriage transporting the people who had dropped out to the fields.