"No way," Your eyes widened. "No wonder she hasn't been answering my texts! She even called me to ask which movie they should rent and then, all of a sudden, radio silence- which is totally weird of her. I had a bad feeling about it. Any clue as to who was killed?"

"An employee," Stiles muttered. "Jackson was inside of the store too. Apparently, those bookshelf things fell on him."

"Oh my god!" Your hand flew up to your mouth. "Is he okay?"

"Oh, he's fine," He rolled his eyes. "He was standing outside of the store screaming at deputies and then went into privileged psycho mode on my dad."

"God, what a dick," You began to walk back towards the classroom. By now most of the students had scattered to their respective classes, making it easy to make it to your next one right on time.

"Right?!" Stiles asked, taking the seat next to you as the bell rang. "God, that kid has such a big stick up his-"

"Ah, Mr. Stilinski, Miss Y/L/N," Mr. Harris said bitterly. "Nice of you to join us! Perfect timing, actually. Just a second longer and you would've been spending the afternoon with me in detention."

"Sorry, Mr. Harris," You both mumbled.

"Now, just a friendly reminder– parent-teacher conferences are tonight! Students below a C-average are required to attend. I won't name you, because the shame and self-disgust should be more than enough punishment," He spoke to the class, before turning back to the two of you. "... Has anyone seen Scott McCall?"

You both shook your heads and/or shrugged. Stiles took the liberty to begin highlighting all of the important parts of this session's chapter. The door swung open to reveal a very quiet Jackson. You nudged Stiles and nodded your head over. He looked at you with wide eyes, not daring to speak in such a silent room.

"Hey, Jackson– if you need to leave early for any reason, you let me know," Mr. Harris spoke softly, making you roll your eyes at the special treatment. You swore he had a crush on him with the behavior he granted him with. "Everyone, start reading chapter nine... Mr. Stilinski, try putting the highlighter down between paragraphs. It's chemistry, not a coloring book."

God, you hated him. You both had a better grade than anyone one else sitting in that classroom, yet he still enjoyed making life a living hell for you and your friends. You painfully ignored the comment before doing as told.

"Hey, Danny," Stiles whispered after a few minutes to the boy sitting in front of you. "Can I ask you a question?"

"No," He said, obviously annoyed.

"Does anyone know what happened to Jackson and Lydia last night?" Stiles asked anyway.

".. He wouldn't tell me," Danny hesitantly responded.

"But he's your best friend," Stiles replied, shocked. You decided to not participate in the inevitable train wreck and take a sip from your water bottle. "Can I ask you another question?"

"Answer's still no."

"Do you find me attractive?" Stiles mumbled. You slapped your hand over your mouth, trying not to spew out the liquid in an effort of holding in your laughter.

"Is there a problem back there?" Mr. Harris turned around. You all shook your heads before continuing the reading. Stiles looked up and mouthed He's totally into me, making you purse your lips in fear of making any noise. The smile never left your face for the rest of the hour.

———

"That's it, I'm calling him!" Stiles huffed, walking away from your locker. He searched for his best friend's contact before pressing the call button. You followed him out of the building and listened to this end of the conversation. "Finally! Have you been getting any of my texts?!"