"Why are you always eating or drinking something when we're having an important conversation about Tian?"

Mr Teeyarut made a gesture with his hand and murmured  a mute 'I don't know.'

"Seriously?" 

"Okie,  Tian is young and growing. You act like he's a three year old. It's not like he's getting married tomorrow. Honey we discussed this, he's still dating. Calm down.  I know you're not opposed to their relationship.  Come sit don here next to me."

Mrs Teeyarut moved to the couch and sat next to Mr Teeyarut and rested her head on his shoulders. "Next time when we talk to Tian, let's take a proper approach. So far we're good. Tian is a smart kid. Give him some time to think things over."

"He wanted to take over the family business and tour the world. He loved cars, he hardly ever drives now. He would never raise his voice at me but look at him now!"

"oh, Lalitha. At this point what he wants in his life are different from what he wanted three years ago. Didn't you praise him when he came back from the village the first time? Saying that he's maturing into a fine young man?"

"I did."

"See? Things are changing slowly for him and us, Let's be patient and see how this goes. He's in the new phase of his life, and if he comes to us for support, let's be there and communicate with him properly. Everything's fine, just make him some hot breakfast tomorrow. Tian adores you, I'm sure his anger will melt at the break of the dawn."

"I'll apologize to him the first thing in the morning."

"Okie Hon. Let's get to bed now. We'll talk in the morning. "

It's one am in the morning, Tian was tossing and turning in bed. 'Ah, I feel like someone is pounding inside my head. Ahhh, I feel like crying. Wait am I already crying? My eyes feel wet, I'm thirsty. Can't move my arms. I shouldn't have been so harsh with mom. Need to say sorry in the morning. Why is it so annoying chilly? Huwhna are you fast asleep now? The stupid phone, stop vibrating!! Need to turn off the alarm.'

Tian reached for his phone next to his pillow, his vision was blurry and it took him a while to shake off the blurriness to read the screen. 'Missed calls from Huwhna?'Text? Hmm? My head is swinging left and right.'

Tian heard a clink on his window.  'What's that?' Tian felt another chill down his spine and his heart jerked at the sound that came again. Clink.'

"Holy shit. What was that?!"

A text popped on his screen. "Tian krab look down the window."

Tian opened and looked down the first-floor window. At first, he believed that this is a stupid dream playing in his head. He lazily pushed the sheets off his body and dragged himself to the window and when he did he saw a man standing down there. "Huwhna?"

"Yes Tian, please open the door." Chief Phupha spoke as softly as possible and also sent Tian a text asking him to open the door. 

Tian rubbed his eyes as hard as he could trying to process that Chief Phupha is standing waiting for him under his window at 1 am. 'This, this is dreaming. Might as well let him in.'

It took Tian a while to reach down the stairs and discreetly open the front door feeling cautious. In case if it was an impostor he was ready to hit the cheat in the balls with the metal vase in his hands. 

"Huwhna, is this you?"

"Yes, Nong Tian." Tian was immediately embraced by warm arms. He softened into the hug. "Tian you're forehead is burning. Let's go to your room na."  Tian nodded, Chief Phupha took the vase away from Tian's hands and placed it on the rack next to the door. Tian held onto Huwhna's hand securely leading them both to his room. 

"What are you doing here Babe. It's one in the morning?"  

Chief Phupha tucked him into bed and check his temperature again with his palm.  "I wanted to see you badly, Tian."

"Hehehe. You did?" Tian chuckled. His nasal tone was low and rough.

"Tian,  take the medicine okie? Then I'll find some ice and make a cold compress, alright?"

"Okie."

"Would you like something hot to eat or drink?"

"I'm not hungry but I want hot chocolate na."

"I promise to take you out for hot chocolate when you get better. For now, let's get you water and tucked in bed."

"Stay."

"I will." Chief Phupha kissed the corner of Tian's eye. 

After giving Tian an antipyretic and water Chief Phupha stealthy skipped into the kitchen to find cold water and luckily he found cloth napkins by the counter too.  He kissed Tian's forehead before he applied a cold compress on Tian forehead. Then he laid beside Tian covering them with the blanket. He took Tian into his arms gently and tenderly caressed Tian's temples. Tian wiggled closer to the calming scent and buried his head under the warmness of Phupha's chin. 'I feel better, not so chilly. He's here. I'm holding onto him, right? Feels good to hold this tall man.' They lay in each other's silence feeling each other's breadth lulling them to sleep.

The next morning around 8, Mrs Teeyarut opened the door to  Tian's room to check on Tian and wake him up for breakfast.

"Oh MY!" He softly gasped to herself and silently shut the door behind her.