Mom and Dad

Tian hand a small pillow lodged behind his back, fiddling with a hot pack in his hands.  'He delivered till dawn. I can't believe his vigour. Good, God!'

He glanced at Chief Phu dressed uptightly and fresh-looking extremely handsome in that tucked White short and blue jeans, black boots. Tian's cells tinged like jingle bells giving him goosebumps. 'Why are his arms and waist damn prominent in that stupid shirt. Is he trying to impress a girl?'

"I look like a potato."

"What?" 

"How is it that you're not exhausted and look like you're going on date? Are you trying to impress the women around you?"

"Tian Krab you do have bags under your eyes. And you picked this outfit."

"Yeah so? Like this" Tian made circles in the air with his fingers around his eyes. "is your doing Huwhna Phupha." 

"Thank you and you loved it."

TIan turned his head away his ears pink. 'This good looking Chief, I'll punch him.'

"Your parents will think that I'm not taking proper care of you. Are you sure you're okie? I checked your temperature this morning. Your forehead felt hot."

"No, I'm just a little tired. It completely slipped my mind that my parents are coming to visit when we, umm, got carried away."

"Me too." He looked apologetically at Tian and reached for Tian's hand and held it firmly for a few seconds. "I asked Nam for some cold medicine. Just in case you need it. I'll get some electrolyte drinks at the market. Also, fruits and meat for your parents."

"Hmm, Okie Huwhna.."

It was around 10'o clock they reached the guest house where Mr Teeyarut and Mrs Lalita were checked In.

This is the first time Phupha is meeting Tian's parents officially as Tian's boyfriend, that too his commander's son who stubbornly came back to stay with him against his mother's wishes. 'I need to keep my head togehter.' Tian held his hand and smiled at him before he fixed Phupha's long black jacket. 

"Relax, they won't eat you. Come on let's get going." Tian's heart just sent volts of energy surging in his brain. "Yes."

When they walked inside they were greeted with a soft cry from Tian's Mom who tackled him in a hug. Phupha felt a tinge of pain, it reminded him of his late mother, how she'd hug him sweetly in her bosom and pat his head when he came home from school. He swiftly wiped that thought and wai'd to Mrs Lalita. 

"Sawadhee Kha, Madame."

"Sawasdee Cha. Khun Phupha."

"Mae!!" Tian hugged her and shook her in his embrace. "I'm so happy you're here."

"Aiii my Lil star. This mom misses you so much."

"Maeeeeee, don't call me that in front of Huwhna. He'll think I'm a little kid. I'm over twenty already" Tian let go of her and whined like a cat.

"But you're my little kid. I'm sure Khun PhuPha won't mind."

"No krab I won't mind at all." 

"Huwhnaa.."

"Well, why are you'll standing at the doorway. Hon, let them come inside first na, then you can coddle your son as much as you want."

"Pohh." Tian paced his way towards his dad and hugged him. Chief Phu followed diligently behind Mrs Lalitha and exchanged greetings with Mr Teeyarut who helped him settle the bags on the dining table.