Chapter 3

The day of the party comes and I'm still as jittery as I was last week. "Honey, we'll be late if you don't hurry up!" My mom shouts from downstairs. 

Along with the little bit of  family I have, Jack's family, Ashely's family, and a couple of our friends, Donald Field was invited and he's suppose to be binging some other musicians signed to Global Golden.

To say I was nervous was an understatement, I was a mess, internally. My dark brown hair was in curls, and I wore a little black dress, with my favorite pair of red bottom heels accompanied by red lipstick.

"Okay. I'm ready now." I say, walking down the steps. "I think you need to rethink your outfit, Megan." My dad strictly says, placing one hand on his hip as he walks away on his phone. I only roll my eyes.

"Adam. Our daughter is now 18 years old and she looks beautiful." My mom says ignoring him and hugging me. We grab our jackets and follow my red faced dad out of the house.

When we get to the restaurant I rush over to my best friends, immediately hugging them. "Damn, you look good, Megan!" Ashely says hugging me. "Yeah, you look amazing." Jake says with a soft smile. "Thank you guys. You both clean up well yourselves." I wink before turning back towards the table and taking a seat in the middle of them.

Pretty soon Donald walks in with 2 other guys, they look around our age. He introduces them as Aiden Carpenter and Conner Davis. They're both recording artists from the label and I'd soon be working with them. They seemed pretty nice and by the end of the night all 5 of us were getting along just fine.

"Tonight was great. And congratulations for signing with Global Golden. It'll be fun to work with you." Conner says to me, as Field tries to usher my two new friends out of the restaurant. "Yeah, it will be. I can't wait." I say smiling toward him. He was really attractive. My girly hormones were jumping around.

"Hey, don't you think we should exchange numbers? Ya know, now that we're friend and all." Conner offers, ignoring Donald's constant calls. "Yeah! That would be great." I say, nervously. Be cool Megan, he's a hot celebrity. As I begin to give him my number, Jake calls me to come over. "Just a sec, Jake." I say not looking up.

I finish giving Conner my number and we talk for a couple more minutes before Donald comes and literally drags him towards the door. He smirks, cooly at me, waving and I blush. He looks like a trouble maker, I think, smiling down at my phone.

"Oh!" I whisper to myself, remembering that Jake wanted me. "Ashely! Have you seen Jake?" I saw rushing towards her.

"He just left with his mom." She says shrugging. I thank her and give him a call. "Hey Jake. I'm sorry about not answering you, but I was getting Conner's number." It's silent on the phone before he answers me. "No, it's fine. Just go look on the seat of your chair. I'll talk to you tomorrow." he says before hanging up. I roll my eyes, "um...okay?"

"Oh my god." I whisper to myself, admiring the necklace Jake left me. It had a beautiful microphone pendant on the chain and a note was attached to the bottom of the box.

For all of our dreams finally coming true. I'm glad I'll be going to California, not only for football but also because I'll be where you are.

Love you, Jake x