Our study holidays began from October 15th and I still studied most of the time in the college library. Since lecturers were in the campus most of the time, I could easily clarify all my doubts. Pri and I would spend our day in library most of the time and Samay would join us for lunch or evening chaats eating ceremony. We ate like homeless and hopeless cases sometimes and by the end of our eating saga, we would end up with teary eyes because of the spiciness.

After all the diligent preparation, our exams finally started in November. Most part of November was consumed by the exams as the time table was designed in a weird way. I don't know how they managed to make such nonsense time table, organic chemistry is the toughest subject for every student, still the amount of time gap we got for it was only 2 days. Soft core papers were moderately tough still we had a week long time for preparations.

Once the theory exams were done, the real struggle of practicals began. Unlike internal exams, external exams were bit scary for first timers. The constant knit picking of external examiners was causing unnecessary mistakes in our experiments. After three torturous practical exams we had 15 days of semester break.

My holidays just began so I decided to complete all my pending sleep. Amma woke me up late today and I was surprised to see Pri at my house. I quickly freshened up and had my breakfast, so I could tend my dear bestie who ran to my home. Either its some new gossip or her new argument with Samay, so I mentally prepared myself for it as we walked to our terrace.

" What is the matter this time that your highness couldn't wait for college reopen or talk about it in a phone call? Did you guys fight again?"
I asked her with my curiosity filled tone.
" We did fight a bit, but its sorted now. I am here to share some juicy news about your handsome lecturer"
" Are you serious Pri? You woke up and came here early in the morning just for some stupid gossip. You're becoming more like those neighborhood aunties who come up with new gossip every week"
I face palmed at my best friend's stupidity.

" Come-on Nidhu, be bit more enthusiastic when I speak about him. He is your lecturer for heaven's sake "
" Exactly Pri he is my lecturer not my relative or my idol, so I shouldn't be that worried about his life. Still for all the efforts you put in, I will listen to whatever nonsense you speak, but don't push me to believe it ok? "
" You will believe on your own if you hear me out. You know that Maya mam from our department? That fair and lovely girl... She is good friends with Harshith sir from commerce department. Guess what? Students have seen Chiranth sir with her many times. I think something is cooking between them "
" Cooking? Why are you making their life look like some cookery show "
I laughed at her and received a glare as reply.

" You think I am joking here? Try to understand Nidhu, physics and chemistry departments are into some physical chemistry right now. What if they are actually dating? What if they are planning to get married? God...... our entire college will be in tears when they get married. Both of them are highly popular and have their own fan clubs. Poor admirers will be heartbroken once they announce it publicly. "
" Pri, breath in and breathe out. You're taking unnecessary tension about someone else's love life. Even if its true its their personal choices, I'm sure both of them are mature enough to handle the situation. You should stop worrying about others and focus on your love life. "
I advised like a good friend.

"Whatever Nidhu, I am not quite happy if they are actually together. I just hope its just a baseless rumor. Anyways I came here to inform you that I won't be here for next 5 days, I'm going to my relatives house in Madikeri. So my phone will be available only after 5 days since network connection will be terrible. So take care till I come back "
" Aww... as if you were the one taking care of me all these while... There won't be any drastic change in my life in 5 days. Stop worrying and enjoy your stay there. Convey my regards to uncle and aunty. Come back safe "
She went back after a dramatic hug.