08. Don't Touch Me

Start from the beginning

"They're memories." She says scooting closer to me to also look over the pages. "Years ago, I lost my memory and Grayson was so scared that it would happen again that he started to write everything down to one day show me just in case it happens again." Her eyes start to water and I place my hand on top of hers now.

"How did you lose your memory?" I gently ask, hoping I'm not crossing any lines.

Amelia wipes away a fallen tear and smiles at me, but I can tell it's not a happy smile.

"My father was a really bad man. He use to experiment on me which caused me to lose the majority of my memory. The last time he did it, I had to be injected with something to keep me from dying and completely lost all memory of Grayson and Milo and it was the most painful feeling in the world not remembering the people you love most." She sniffles again. "I'm just glad I have it all back. Sometimes, I'll forget things but Grayson is always there to help me. That's why I ramble so much, because I'm afraid that I'll forget what I'm talking about."

I nod in understanding and give her a genuine smile.

"You're a kind woman and I'm glad that Milo has you as a mother." I tell her.

"Oh gosh, you're going to make me cry." She lightly slaps my shoulder and I laugh.

"Not to sound like rude but you're dad sounds like a real ass. Where is he now?"

"He's dead." She says simply.

Oh.

"Well...um, that's good at least." I clear my throat. Amelia and I spend the next few hours talking and laughing when she would tell me stories of Milo when he was a teenager. How he tried riding his fathers motorcycle but ended up riding it right into the pond and that the bike is still somewhere in there as we speak. The sun starts setting and we both leave the glass house and make our way back to the house. Right when we step in, I see both Milo and his father, Grayson, walk in through the front door. They both spot us and Grayson smiles walking up to his wife.

"My love." He says, pulling Amelia to him to give her a kiss and then whispering something in her ear which causes her cheeks to reddened.

Amelia then pulls me into a hug and says, "I'll see you for dinner." Before running down the hall giggling with her husband on her tail. I smile at them and gush at how much they love each other. I can feel a pair of eyes on me and I turn to see Milo staring at me.

"How was work?" I ask awkwardly. He eyes my dress in disgust and I internally grin because I purposely wore it knowing he'll hate it.

"Busy." Is all he says before walking past me and up the stairs. Leaving me alone in the living room. I hear a throat clear and I turn back to see Liam.

"Oh, hi." I say sheepishly. He smirks before walking up to me.

"How was your day?" He asks me and I can't but smile at that considering that Milo never asks me about my day.

I put a pep in my step and plop down on the couch and he follows suit.

"It was really good actually. I spent the majority of the day talking to Amelia and it was really nice." I smile at him. He returns the smile and nods.

"I'm glad you have a good day."

"Well how was your day at work?" I only ask because my husband never tells me about his day. In fact, we never talk. Like at all.

Liam sighs and runs a hand across his face. "Well, like Milo said, it was busy. We had meetings upon meetings with our associates which could be really tiring. But other than that, just the usual." I hum in response glad that he actually told me something other than it just being "busy". It's nice to have another person to talk to.

Liam checks his watch and stands up abruptly.

"I must go." He says and I frown but quickly shake it away.

"Oh...okay. It was nice talking to you, Liam." I say with a smile. He returns my smile with his before leaving through the front door.

I'm now alone again and I sigh leaning more against the couch closing my eyes. I decide that maybe I should get ready for dinner so I get up from the couch and head upstairs to change into something less obnoxious.

Opening the door to my bedroom that I share with Milo, I stop when I see him shirtless texting on his phone. I look over his chiseled chest and dark tattoos. The way his arms flex with every move causes my insides to heat up.

"Had a good chat with Liam?" He asks not bothering looking up from his phone. I glare at him even though he cant see it and close the door heading to the closet to find something to wear.

"I actually did because he tells me about his day unlike you." I spit out. Milo finally looks up at me and throws his phone on bed with a thump. He chuckles before stalking over to me.

"Are you mad that I am not telling you about my day? Would you like me to bathe you in affection and ask about every little detail about your every move while I run my fingers through your hair?" He asks but I know it's rhetorical because he continues.

"Well you see I don't have any obligations toward you. I don't have to tell you about my day and I sure as hell don't give a shit about yours. You're nothing but a name on a paper that links our marriage. That's it. You are my wife. Not my partner like I've said before."

My eyes start to sting by his words and tears threaten to fall but I don't let him see the hurt on my face.

"Noted." I say turning around, taking off my dress to put on some leggings and a baggy Guns N' Roses t-shirt. Before I can put on my clothes, I feel a pair of hands grab my waist and I'm being pulled against a hard chest.

"Don't touch me." I remove his hands from me and quickly put on my clothes. I hear him growl.

"You are here to please me, tesoro. So fucking please me." He tries to grab me again but I quickly turn around and push him away.

"No. I'm here against my will!" I snap, glaring at him. His face morphs into anger and his hands turn into fists.

"If you won't give me what I want then I'll find someone else to fuck." And then he's walking out of the room leaving me standing in place with a pale face.

I finally let the tears fall and I've suddenly lost my appetite. I walk over to the bed and crawl under the covers and try to control my cries as the tears just keep on falling down.

Why did I have to marry such a cruel man? Why do my parents hate my so much that they forced me into a marriage with a man that will never care for me?

A few minutes later, my cries finally die down and I find myself getting sleepy and soon falling asleep with dried up tears on my cheeks.

*****

Milo you're a bitch.

Okay question:
- Do y'all want a happy ending or sad ending? I have a few ideas but I want y'all's opinions first before I start planning the ending of this.