Chapter Three 1/2: The Reinhardts - [Pt. 3 - FINAL PART]

chapter three and a half[pt

[pt. 3]
the reinhardts
✧.*

(trigger warning! contains abuse, assault, prison, hatred, fear, trauma, s*icidal thoughts, neglecting, and depression)

Darcy's POV

"I know who you are... please help me,"

The voice was faint, but valid. It was truthful, it sounded innocent. The voice was graceful, but they sounded scared. Whoever was there, they sounded like their world was about to end. But... where was I?

My arms and legs couldn't move ; I was frozen in place. The room was dark with a simple dim lamp in the corner. One moment I was in a supermarket, the next I was here, "Hello? Who's there?"

"Please help me... I need to get out of here." The voice whimpered, sounded as if they were crying, "I know you can help me. You're more powerful than you thi-think,"

A woman with short brown hair stepped into the light, her face covered in scars and dirt. Her body shakes as tears rolled down her face, "But... I don't know what you want me to do! How am I even here?"

"You ha...have what I need. I need to leave." The woman's voice shivered, as if the words she were saying were made of ice. "I need to save her." A fragile note that didn't make any sense. Who were we trying to save? How did she even find me?

How the fuck did this even pertain to me?

My voice seemed to be the only part of my body working, "You bitch! I don't care if you rot in this hell hole cause you tried to take me down with you!" The tone in my voice was rude, but it was intended. Why should two people die, when one could instead?

"I need to save Liyla," Those soft yet powerful words gave me a migraine within seconds. Liyla Forrest. The words I heard in my head for so long. Why did she wanna save her? Was she trying to contact me this entire time?

"Liyla Forrest - 1976"

I remember it all too well. Those words were imprinted into my brain, and I still hear them daily. Sometimes I'd just brush them off, others they'd bother me so much that I couldn't stand the pain. "Who are you? Who is Liyla? Why do I keep hearing her name?"

"My name is Brina." She cried, her voice cracking in the process, "Liyla is my daughter. If I die... then there's no future for her,"

Brina? The name that haunted me in my dreams and shook me awake at night? That Brina? This was her? Was this a prison cell or something? Why was she here?

A smile faintly appeared on Brina's face, "Please..." Suddenly, the door slammed open - revealing two guards with armed guns in belts. Locking their arms into Brina's they slowly dragged her away. She didn't even cry, or plead. She just let them take her away.