Chapter Two: The Mall Rats - [Pt. 2]

chapter two[pt

chapter two
[pt. 2]
the mall rats
✧.*

(trigger warning! contains fear, 'explosion', and nothing else other than y/n being happy for once but m*ke ruining it)

c/n = color of your choice
f/n = flavor of your choice
tp/n = topping of your choice

Your POV

"Come on," Max stated simply as she got up from her position.

Eleven seemed quite confused, and I was as well, "Where are we going?"

"To have some fun. There's more to life than stupid boys, you know." Max explained, making me smile. She was right; life wasn't about loving others, it was about loving yourself.

✧.*

Me, Max, and Eleven got off of a bus, and I was amazed; there was this large mall, with so many people coming in and out of it. It was so stunning... but scary.

I hadn't been around that many people in a very long time.

"So, what do you think?" Max asked in excitement, but realized the looks on me and Eleven's faces, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I think we should go home..." I stated easily as I looked around the outdoor area of the crowed Mall. Max shook her head, "Wait, what? Why?"

"Too many people. Against the rules," Eleven responded to Max, I nodded along with her.

"Seriously? You guys have superpowers. What's the worst that could happen?" Max added as she interluded hands with Eleven and me.

Honestly Max, a lot of bad stuff can happen. It's just a matter of what, where, how,  and when. Superpowers aren't a gift, they're are a curse.

Eventually, we walked towards the malls entrance. Every second felt closer to freedom; but the scary kind of freedom. The freedom that can get you hurt.

As we entered the mall... I was amazed. I had always seen myself to be a city girl: but this was different. More closed in but more mysterious.

There was upbeat synth music playing in the busy mall as we walked deeper and deeper into the mall.

We stopped somewhere around the middle of the mall; all three of us looked around the lovely and colorful mall.