Final Chapter

I went to the door to find him standing in my doorway. Without thinking I gave him a hug saying I was glad he was back from his work.

"Have you had dinner yet?" He asked me.

"I haven't yet, no," I replied, ushering him inside.

He sat down and smiled, "Then let me take you out tonight"

"Okay let me quickly change if that's fine" I turned quickly to go put on a jacket and something for the cold weather we were about to go out in.

I met him at the door and he opened it up and we were on our way to a location that was unknown. I realized it wasn't smart on my behalf but I did it anyway. We held some small talk before arriving at a small Thai place. We got a seat and continued to talk as we waited for our food.

"So, mango on sushi?" I asked after he had ordered such a questionable dish.

He smiled at me, "Well, I love mango"

"Oh?" I replied, intrigued.

He took a sip of his drink, "Mhm, it is my favorite fruit by far"

"I see. I have to say I love pears" I said

Our dishes arrived and we shared stories of our work and some quite embarrassing ones with each other. Once we had finished we had headed back towards my apartment. He parked and began to walk up to my complex with me.

He sighed heavily, "Avery, I have some news about my work

He sighed heavily, "Avery, I have some news about my work."

"Go on," I stopped looking at him.

He stopped as well turning towards me, "I have been given a job offer in another country and will be leaving in the morning for a while"

"That is... Good" I said, trying to not let my smile crack.

In the time I have gotten to know him, I had grown attached and cared about him a lot and I did not want to lose this. But at the same time, I understood it, I did not want to hold him back from his job. I knew it was too soon to say anything either.

He looked at me, grazing my face softly with his hand, "You're holding your thoughts, what is bothering you?"

"It's just stress from my job" I gave a good smile and continued to walk.

He caught up to me, "If you say so, we are at your place now though,"

"Yes we are" I bit my tongue, not to say things I would regret, "I hope you have a good night" 

"You as well," He began his walk back to his car.

I stood there watching him walk away. Pain filled my body, the thought of losing him after how far we had come in just the past month or so. The chilly air bit at my ears which were numb. I was cold but all I could think about was him. I did not want to lose him. I didn't want him to leave. I started to walk before the walk turned into a jog, then I was running to catch him before it was too late. At this time I saw him slowing down as I approached. I caught up and hugged him from behind, resting my head on his back. He was dead still, peacefully breathing. I could hear his heart, slowly pounding.

"Please stay with me," I closed my eyes, my grip tightening around his waist. "I know it's important but for tonight I just want to be next to you. I love you. And I know people will say I'm rushing into saying this but how I feel for you, is real. I do love you, more than you know. And that love will grow in due time. But for now, I just want you to stay with me. I just got you back and I'm about to lose you again. I am sorry I have issues expressing my feelings but I couldn't imagine losing this forever."

He softly took my hands and released my grip from around his waist. Turning around, he looked me in the eyes and held my face in his palms. 

The end.