𓊃𓇋𓐍

"What is the meaning of this?" You demand staring down at the scrolls, you are supposed to sign.

The priest stares at you with an emotionless look on his face.

"Those are the wages of the worker" you snort at his answer.

"Are you kidding me? Those wages aren't enough to feed a family, how are they going to eat?" You spat.

Asimamun is surprised by your words, this is the first time he sees a pharaoh caring for the workers' wages.

The wages consist of breed and beer, something you see as unhealthy.

"Horrible," you say, as you pick up a few papers, and start writing.

"What are you doing, your highness," Bast asks, curious about what you are doing.

"I'm changing the wages of the worker and increasing it" you reply.

"My pharaoh, we can't do that" Bast argues.

"Shut your mouth, the only thing which concerns you in this country is religion"

Bast frowns deeply at your order but says nothing.

Asimamun, on the other hand, doesn't do that and speaks his mind.

"Your highness, with all due respect, but we can't do that, the crops won't be enough" you smile at the vizier.

"From next month we will plant more, and wait until the harvest season, however, the upper class will have to pay up" Asimamun stares at you nervously.

"Pay what exactly?"

"Taxes, which will be paid with gold and crops"

"And if they don't pay?"

You notice the worried look on Bast's face when he utters out the question.

You can't blame him, as the upper class consists of nobles and priests.

"If they don't pay? silly, they have to pay this or there will be other payment methods"

"Other payment methods?"

"Yes, it is either their pay their taxes with gold and crops..." You lean forward.

"...or pay it living in prison"

𓅓𓃠𓅓𓃠𓅓

"The king of Sparta wishes to arrange a meeting with you, your highness" Akhn announces, as you play with your son.

"The meeting will have to wait" Akhn looks at you in shock.

"I won, Mama" Aten exclaims happily after smashing his wooden toy into the toy you are holding.

"Indeed, you did," you say, pulling the young boy into your embrace.

"We have to assure that our ties stay strong with Sparta" you roll your eyes.

"Archimedes is married"

Akhn quickly catches on to what you are implying.

"It's only a political meeting" the advisor assures.

You let out a sigh, wrapping your arms around your son.

The only reason why you don't wish to meet the Spartan king is that the last letter you received from him aims for one thing.

He wishes for the romantic relationship between you two to return.

"All right, the meeting will be within the next moon, assure that he brings the queen along with him" Akhn raises an eyebrow.

"May I ask why?" you grin.

"I wish to make new friends"

You aren't going to be a homewrecker.