"Can you two stop sucking face, some of us have places to be."

"Fuck off," Dario answers.

He turns back to me, "I've got to go, darling." Kissing me one last time, "Bye, baby."

"Bye."

He waits until I unlock my front door, for him to go back to his car. I lock my front door behind me and go into the living room and place my bag on the couch.

I shrug off my coat and sit down next to my bag. It's late afternoon and I have nothing to do. I rub my face.

I need a distraction. This apartment needs changing.

I get up, 'what am I going to do?' I think to myself.

Moving my bag into my room, I go back downstairs. Deciding to move around the furniture in the living room. And clean it up as I go.

I clean when I'm stressed, don't judge me.

It can be very calming. Rearranging the furniture gives the room a whole different look. I play some music through my surround sound set. Just the normal, Ari Lennox soul-type playlist. After I'm finished with the living room, I move into my kitchen.

Changing which dishes go in which cabinets, then rearranging the items in my fridge. Halfway through it, I realize I seem crazy. My intrusive thoughts don't stop me though, I move into my pantry.

After I'm done. I realize it's basically midnight. Stopping the music, I go upstairs to start the shower. Stripping out of my clothes and hopped in.

After fifteen minutes of scrubbing my body. I get out of the shower and start to lather my body with lotion. My phone starts to flash.

It's Cassidy calling.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey honey bunch, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just have a lot on my mind," I say. "You know with work and everything."

"You sure? Whatever it is, it's better to get it off your mind."

"Well," I contemplate to myself. "You know when you have that feeling when you think something is going to happened? But, you don't know what."

"Oh no, how bad is it? Have rearranged any furniture today?"

I stay quiet.

"Alright, spill your guts."

I slip on my panties. "Dario went on this emergency business trip this morning. And I feel like something was off, you know. Like I wasn't getting the entire story."

Putting my phone on speaker and putting my sweatshirt over my head. "I know we've only been together for a little over a month. But, I'm not crazy, he was acting weird," I say.

"What was he doing?"

"I don't know. I feel like he is hiding something."

"When are you going to realize all men act weird? Honestly, don't stress yourself on it, you are too pretty for that," Cass says. "Relax a bit, be a bad bitch. And if your feelings end up being true, then handle yourself correctly. And beat the shit out of him for lying to you."

"See, this is why I love you." I turn off my bedroom lap and get comfortable in my bed.

"I know. Love you too, baby boo."

We continue our talk about her problems. She and her boyfriend have been arguing a lot lately. I really hope they work it out, I know she'll be devastated if their relationship falls apart. She really loves him.

After our talk, I went straight to sleep.

...

I just love my job, who am I kidding? I honestly just love making the money

I just love my job, who am I kidding? I honestly just love making the money. It was a short workday today, considering there was basically nothing to do. So, I just went shopping after I left. I really hadn't been taking advantage of the pay raise I received by taking this job.

I decided to keep my mind off the voice in the back of my head, while inside the Chanel store. And just spoil me today. Buying a new bottle of Chanel No. 5 perfume and a black vintage caviar classic bag.

Then, I went to Zara and a cute little boutique I found. I bought so many clothes. Man, I love to shop.

Right as I walk outside, Taylor pulls up on time as we planned. Getting out and opened the back door for me.

"Thank you for taking me shopping," I say.

"It's honestly no problem, Ms. Carter. It is my job." He laughs.

"Oh, yeah," I laugh.

After getting home, I kick off my shoes and start trying on all of the clothes I bought today. A quick little fashion show, of course. Taking pictures of the outfits that I put together and liked the most. I decide to order some take-out since I skipped lunch today. Tucking away the clothes in the closet and propped up my accessories.

My phone rang on my bed.

It's Dario. Now he finally decides to check in with me.

"Hello," I speak.

"Sunlyn," a voice yells from the phone. It's not Dario.

"Theo?" I ask, "Are you okay? Is Dario okay?"

"Look, I just need you to come quick, Dario's hurt. And he has been asking for you." 

"What? Where are you guys?"

"We're at Dario's house come quick please."

"Okay, I'll be there."

Frantically, putting on some comfortable clothes and ordered an Uber. See I should have just trusted my instincts. After the fifteen-minute ride, we pull up in front of Dario's front gate which is open. After going up the driveway, there is an ambulance parked in the front.  I practically jumped out of the car.

Running through the open front door.

Paramedics stitched up Dario's lower stomach in the foyer. The floor was covered in blood. A gun next to Dario. Theo paced the room with one in his hand as well.

"What the hell..." I say. 

"Darling," Dario says shocked. Turning to Theo, "Get her out of here, now."

...

<3