Part forty-eight: fool in love

Start from the beginning

"So you decided to rather make a fool out of me?"

"I thought you are happy with Earth."

"I am happy with him. More than happy. I'm just disappointed that you seemed to don't think that it was necessary to tell me anything until I found out myself."

"Your sister wanted to tell you, but we were afraid that you would refuse to go if you knew."

"Why would I refuse? You know I used to not believe in ghosts. It's not like I would be afraid," Mix furrowed his eyebrows, watching his father taking a sharp turn left. They were almost home. Honestly, Mix wasn't mad. This whole thing brought Earth to him so above all he was thankful and crazily happy but he still wanted to know why did his parents think that not telling him anything was a good idea.

"That's exactly why we didn't tell you, Mix. Don't tell me that if we told you, you wouldn't decide not to go like a form of protest because we were making up some stupid ghost stories."

"No, I wouldn't. I would still go because that's what grandma always wanted from me. I would go," Mix said and he meant it. He would go even if they told him everything. His father was right, Mix wouldn't believe them one word about Earth but he would still go.

His father looked shocked for a second but then his lips curved into a proud smile, "did you know that your great-grandparents were in the same situation as you and Earth are now?"

"What?" Mix took off his seatbelt as they were already parking in front of their family house, and turned his body fully to his father, "what do you mean by the same situation?"

Aroon smiled, "I think I will let the opportunity to tell you this story on Earth. He knows it very well."

"He — he knows it very well," Mix repeated and nodded, "okay then." Mix reached to the back, taking his bag and getting out of the car. The house was already oozing with excitement for tomorrow. Before he could reach the front door, they flew open and his mother stood there, with eyes full of tears and wide opened arms.

"My little baby is home!"

Mix leaned in to kiss his mother's cheek and wrapped his arms around her small frame. He missed her reassuring touch. He let himself linger in her arms for a little longer until he heard his sister scream, from inside.

"Miiiiiix, you came!"

"Of course, I came. It's not every day that my sister is getting married," Mix chuckled and hugged his sister. A lot of hugging for a day. Mix wanted to hug Earth, too.

"And what about the future husband? Where is he so I can have a brotherly talk with him."

"You are not going to scare him away now," Anchali said, rolling her eyes.

"Who said I want to scare Kev away? I just wanna say hi and stuff," Mix shrugged.

"You can do that tomorrow during the wedding," Anchali's smile got impossibly wide the moment she mentioned her wedding and Mix was genuinely happy for her. His sister deserved to be as happy as possible.

"Mix," his mother, put a hand on his shoulder, "how about you put your things in your room and then you'll eat and while you do that you'll tell me about Earth, hmm?"

Mix crossed his arms on his chest and pouted, "you all seem more interested in Earth than in me."

"Well, I'm just curious," Mix's mother whispered and winked.

Mix took his bag and started walking in the direction of his room, "alright, prepare all your questions. My press conference will be in ten minutes."

.....

Mix laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was a late night, his sister's wedding was going to be in a few hours and Mix should sleep to have the energy to enjoy the wedding as he had promised to Earth.

But he couldn't fall asleep. Mix didn't realise it but he had been falling asleep in Earth's arms every single night for months. It became something that soothed him to sleep instantly. He felt protected, calm, loved and even if it's nonsensical because Earth's body still wasn't as warm as it should be, Mix felt warm in Earth's arms.

It felt wrong, laying in a bed alone. It was like he fell out of the routine and now he felt weird. But it also felt like the part of him wasn't there and Mix hated it. He laughed at himself, "I'm out of my mind." He must have been. He was acting as if he wouldn't be with Earth soon again. Being apart from your significant other for a few days for work or personal reasons was a completely normal and everyday thing.

Mix felt like his emotions were overreacting. "Stop being so dramatic, will you?" Mix sighed and looked at his phone; 3:15 — early morning. He put the phone down and shook his head at himself. He was really dumb. Yes he did buy a phone for Earth but what about it when he didn't show Earth how to use it and on top of everything, even if he did — the phone service in the cabin still sucked.

"Well, I guess I can talk to you only like this," Mix closed his eyes and let his body relax. He imagined Earth laying next to him, watching over him with his piercing gaze and lips slightly curved upwards.

Do you see what you've done to me? I can't even sleep without you anymore. Or, maybe it's just jet lag.

Mix's eyes shot wide open — of course, it's jet lag! Why didn't he think about it sooner?

So he was still fine. Mix still hadn't totally lost his mind over Earth. Now, that was reassuring; Mix wasn't a complete fool in love.

But he was on a damn good way to be.

To be continued...

P.S. Hmm...I wonder what is Earth doing?