Part forty-five: burning

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

-  Oscar Wilde

"Ummm, it smells delicious

"Ummm, it smells delicious. Too bad I can't eat," Earth said, coming from outside where he went to chop the wood because they were more or less running out of it  — the fireplace was eating the wood like it was candy!

"What do you mean, too bad?" Mix spun around in the kitchen, grinning at Earth, "at least everything will be mine."

"Everything is already yours, angel," Earth pecked Mix's cheek and looked in the oven where the first thirty pizza rolls were baking. 

Mix happily smiled for himself and wrapped his hands around Earth's waist from behind, "how did the chopping go?" he murmured between Earth's shoulder blades.

"We will have enough wood for the rest of the winter. I chopped everything I saw," Earth said with a proud face.

"Wow! I have such a strong boyfriend. Isn't he tired?"

"Ghosts can't get tired. Just wait when I'm human again; there's no way I'm chopping so much wood at once ever again," Earth chuckled.

Mix laughed, "I'll do it for you then."

Earth turned towards Mix, with a raised eyebrow, "have you ever done it before?"

Mix narrowed his eyes, glaring at Earth, "what do you think? That just because I came here from a city that that means that I have never chopped wood before?" 

Earth shrugged, an annoying grin playing on his face, "well I don't know, have you?"

Mix took his hands from Earth's waist and put them on his own, "yes I did, and if you won't stop, the next thing I'll chop will be you."

Earth backed away from Mix with oh so horrified expression, "oh God, no please don't. I'm scared! My adorable, soft, tiny, squishy boyfriend wants to chop me!"

"Earth —"

"That's — what am I gonna do?" Earth put his hands on his cracked heart.

"Earth!"

"Who's gonna help me?" Earth busted laughing and he backed away, even more, when he saw Mix approaching him.

Mix was pouting, his cheeks slightly more red than usual and his eyes were on fire. He looked adorable.

"You better run, 'cause once I catch you..."

"Ooops," Earth's eyes widened for a second and then — he ran.

Mix sprinted after him, hands stretched in front of him, almost getting ahold of Earth's white shirt. To be frank — it was extremely hard to play a sort of 'catch me if you can', in the cabin. There wasn't much space, on ordinary days, so during Christmas, it was even worse.