The Slender "Brothers"

Among the Creepypasta community it is a well-known fact that Slenderman, Splendorman, Offenderman, Trenderman and Tenderman are all brothers

Among the Creepypasta community it is a well-known fact that Slenderman, Splendorman, Offenderman, Trenderman and Tenderman are all brothers. This is true, right? Wrong.

The 5 of them aren't related. In fact, they have nothing to do with each other at all. Them being brothers was something the fandom completely made up, just like how everyone made up the thing about Toby loving waffles.

Let's use Splendorman for an example. He was created by Neil Cicierega on November 1st 2010 and was intended on being a parody of the Slenderman himself. However, people began to draw fan art of Splendorman and Slenderman together which eventually lead to the whole "Slender Brothers" head cannon. After a short amount of time Splendorman was known as "Slenderman's happy brother".

So, there we have it, they aren't related in reality.

But hold on a minute! Did you really think I was going to leave it at that? Never. All I've talked about was the Creepypasta community and the Splendorman video, we still haven't discussed who the 5 of them are in reality.

First of all we have The Slenderman, the most infamous one of them all. He is known to be the main one of the 5 and of course the most devious. There are sightings of him that go back as far as 5000 BC. Dozens of people have admitted to seeing him and many have reported symptoms of slender sickness. Among the Creepypasta Witchcraft community he is one of the most commonly summoned Creepypastas, and also one of the few who have no problem with letting you see them rather quickly. Personally, The Slenderman is the only one I've ever encountered out of the 5 of them, and he's the only one that I can 100% confirm the existence of.

Next up is The Tenderman. He seems to only be discussed within the Creepypasta Community itself and never seems to be encountered by people who don't know who he is. Why? Because almost everyone who has seen him has mixed him up with the Slenderman. Is Tenderman real? I have no clue. I don't have any information to try and pinpoint his existence, nor have I seen him myself. Chances are that by the logic of the existence of the Creepypastas themselves, he's probably real.

Now we'll talk about The Trenderman. Trenderman is in a situation similar to Tenderman, meaning that he is only discussed within our community itself. Much like the others, he was intended to be a spin-off of Slenderman but ended up being portrayed as "Slenderman's fashionable brother". However, unlike Tenderman, Trenderman is more well-known and is often summoned. There are pretty much no legit documented sightings on him that I know of and I personally haven't seen him. Is he real? Like I said, if we use the same logic as to why the other Creepypastas are real, Trenderman is probably real too.

The Splendorman is the 2nd most commonly summoned after The Slenderman and for a good reason. You see, Splendorman isn't "malevolent" like most Creepypastas are. Many beginner summoners choose to summon Splendorman on their first summoning and many of them have had successful and pleasant encounters with him. Is Splendorman real? Yes.

Last but not least we have The Offenderman. He has a rather bad reputation among the creepypasta community and is feared and/or hated by thousands of people for obvious reasons. Honestly, I'm not too sure about wether or not he is commonly encountered but I don't really want to have "Offenderman encounters" all over my search history, so you can research this one on your own if you're curious. Is he real? Probably.

Do they know each other? We have no evidence as to if the 5 of them know one another. They are never spotted together and as we know, they aren't related. For all we know, they might not even acknowledge each other's existence.

So there you have it. The "Slender Brothers" aren't really brothers.

 The "Slender Brothers" aren't really brothers