"Grath." Sollel's voice had return calm.

Grath straightened his body. "Yes, Your Highness?"

"If you want to be my people, you have to train your essence and flame. I need strong soldiers."

Grath's eyes widened in gratitude and astonishment. "Yes, My Queen!" Grath bowed his head at Sollel. "I have no idea how, but I will do my best to train my essence." Grath was a demi-human who couldn't wield any elemental essence. Demi-humans were known for their brute strength and not the essence, so to suddenly train his essence, it would be very hard on Grath.

"I'll help you," said Sollel. "You will train with Zassia."

Grath nodded, excited at the thought that he could be of use to his queen. "I will do my best." Then his eyes fell on Lady Zassia who was sleeping on the ground. "Does...Lady Zassia know about you, Your Highness?"

Sollel shook her head. "It's better that way. We will part ways in Ager. I don't want to drag her into my battle." Sollel handed the vials back to Grath. "Keep this. Using the content of the vial, we can make a forest even here in the barren land. It could heal and revitalize the dead soil. It might come in handy."

Grath accepted the vials. "Is this what the nobles are using in the noble's hill?"

"I believe so, yes."

Grath took a deep breath. "Your Highness, after what happened in the noble's hill, we should assume that the news already reached the kingdom. We have to be very careful. They might set a trap for you."

"I think so too." Sollel sighed and took a deep breath. "Don't worry about it. I'll think of something, while you—until the sun rises—meditate and feel your essence. It'll be hard on you since you have no idea what it is, so I will lend a hand."

Sollel raised her finger wrapped in flame and pointed it at Grath's chest. Feeling Grath's flame essence, Sollel tugged it, and Grath jumped in surprise when he felt a hot sensation on his chest.

"I draw out your flame essence," said Sollel. "Feel it and study it before it slumbers in your soul again. Right now, you're like an infant with an adult flame essence. You have to know and understand how to draw out your essence without my help. That's your first task. Once you can draw out your flame essence on your own, I will teach you some basic flame attacks that suits your fighting style."

Grath nodded. "Then I will excuse myself, My Queen. Thank you so much!"

When Grath left, Sollel took a deep breath and looked at Cira. Her fever had gone down, calming Sollel down, but she knew that was not enough for Cira to recover.

We have to reach Sarnau without delay.

♕♕♕

MORNING CAME AND SOLLEL'S group was back crossing the barren land to reach Sarnau. To hasten their travel, instead of using the makeshift bed, Grath carried Cira, who was wrapped with covers in his arms, and they ran instead of walking.

Hakken was in front, behind him was Grath carrying Cira, and then Zassia and Sollel was on the rear to make sure that Zassia would keep up and wouldn't be left behind.

They continued traversing the barren lands with that pace, and after two days, they finally saw Sarnau on the horizon. Unlike Castetava, they could see some vegetation in Sarnau.

Seeing Sarnau, the group started running fast to reach the town. Meanwhile, Sollel was thinking how to pass the gate since she didn't have any identification. Hakken couldn't possibly use the same lie again, right?

Just when Sollel was worried, they all saw a man on top of the town's gate, waving his hands and arms at them.

Sollel narrowed her eyes on the man at the top of the gate. "Xe...ke?"