Chapter 2 - My Bakery

Start from the beginning

"I got the first aid kit. Sit down." She said as she walked through the door.

I continued to stare at the pictures, not paying attention.

"I said sit." She commandingly pointed to her bed, I smirked which seemed to annoy her so I quickly stopped. Something about this girl made me want to keep talking to her, it made it hard to say rude things.

"Who's that guy" I said gesturing towards the picture.

She glanced quickly and then stood in front of me to look at my nose.
"You mean my brother?"

"Ahhhhh." I sighed in relief.

"Yep. Looks like it's not broken." She huffed, giving me a gaw to put up my nose. She then went to look in the mirror to tend her own cut.

I stood up walking behind her. I bent down over her and whispered in her ear.
"Want me to help?"

She slowly looked at me then back at herself,
"No thanks I can do it"

I chuckled at her response, she sure is a weird one. "So where'd you even learn how to patch wounds up?"

"I had to patch up my brother's wounds a lot when he still live here, so I got a lot of experience." She said, giving no context.

I furrowed my brows, was her brother some sort of gang member or something? I shook my head and chuckled, there's no way he was a gang member. I sat back down on her bed, laying down with my hands behind my head. I closed my eyes breathing in the scent, the atmosphere was so relaxing, before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Unbelievable, he really fell asleep.'
    I sighed and walked out of my room to go downstairs. I grabbed an apron and joined my mom in the bakery.

"So what, you're not gonna tell me who that boy is? Or why you suddenly cut your hair and have a cut on your face?" Mom said angrily as she chopped up culinary chocolate.

"He's a classmate, actually I don't even know his name.. and you know how I am mom, it was a spur of the moment thing. I was so into it that I ended up cutting myself. Don't worry it isn't deep."

"Sōdai, just don't.. do anything reckless. Don't be an idiot like your brother" Mother said, not looking up from her task. "I swear sometimes you're just like him.. reckless, never thinking." She rambled on to herself.

"I know mom, I won't."

~~~~
"Wake up sleeping beauty." I said as I turned on the lights in my room, I brought up some freshly baked croissant's.

"Mm." He retorted, slowly getting up to reveal a bad case of bed head.

"Pfft. Here I brought you something," I said, showing him the croissants. "you came here cuz you wanted to try our baked goods right?"

He looked at them with interest.
"What are they?"

"Chocolate croissants." I said, smiling devilishly with pride.

"They don't look like chocolate." he said picking one up, with a cautious look.

"That's because the chocolate's in the middle genius." I said lightly smacking him on his head.