Two

That night, Hollyleaf had a terrible dream. She always had sorts of dreams, but this one was different.

She was in the tunnels, except every thing around her was unfamiliar. She started running, but banged into a wall. Then she saw light. The end of the tunnel! She started towards it but then the ground started shaking. Fear took over her and suddenly the roof collapsed, suffocating her.

"Hollyleaf!" A voice came far away.

Memory's filled her mind. After she had spoke out at the gathering, Hollyleaf had retreated to the tunnels. The roof had collapsed, just like in her dream.

"Hollyleaf! Are you okay?" She snapped awake and the voice became much clearer. 

"F-Fallen leaves?" Her mew trembled. She was lying in the nest they shared.

Fallen leaves was staring at her, worry filled his eyes. "Are you okay?" He repeated, more quietly.

"I'm fine, just...just a nightmare." She pressed against him. She knew she was acting like a kit, but she didn't care. Hollyleaf buried her muzzle into his fur, letting his scent comfort her.

She felt Fallen leaves tongue rasping her ears and head. "Your sure?" He mewed between licks.

"Yes" A purr rumbled in her throat, as the nightmare faded from her memory. Her eyes closed once more, drifting into the void of sleep.

---

It was about a moon later, and their relationship was stronger than ever. Hollyleaf kept having her nightmares. She was scared, afraid of the tunnel collapsing on top of her. She and Fallen leaves did patrol the tunnels, and they seemed sturdy enough.

Now they were padding in the tunnels, looking out for any thing or anyone. Then Fallen leaves stopped and sniffed the air. Alarm spiked his pelt.

"What is it?" Hollyleaf asked cautiously.

"Badger." He answered. "Young one. Though it seems it hasn't been here for a while. Maybe a day or two. Better keep look out though."

He was right, the badger scent was there, but stale too.

"Has there ever been a badger down here before?" She asked.

"I think once or twice, but some tunnels are too small for them.  Like our tunnel, the badger couldn't fit in there."

"You know," He continued "The hollow your Clan lives in used to be a badger set."

She looked sharply at him, "Really? How do you know that?"

"Oh, um, because...I told you When I lived up there, at the lake with my group, I remember one of the cats telling us to stay away from there."

"Hmm." She thought, "Do you know what happened to the badgers...?"

"I don't know. They were still there when...." He trailed off, is gaze clouding with memories.

...when I went into the tunnels. She pressed her pelt to his, letting her warmth comfort him as they walked. He licked her ear gratefully.

"Come on, I think that's enough patrolling for today."