Ch 7

The next day...

I drove Lea to the airport.

"Hon, I will miss you. I'm sorry I have to head home. I have Sweeney commitments pa kasi. How I wish I can just stay here with you," Lea told me.

"I understand, hon. I will miss you too. How I wish I can come home with you. I'd love to just be by your side," I replied as I caressed her cheek.

A tear fell from her eye. Oh, my Lea! What to do with you, my love?

"Hey, honey. Don't cry na. Baka makita ka ni Kusie na umiiyak or ni tita GR, mahirap na," I told her as I wiped her tear with my thumb.

Lea didn't respond but just gave me a tight hug instead. Next thing I know, she was uncontrollably sobbing while her face is buried on the crook of my neck. I just held her back. There was no point of denying Lea affection at this stage. I rubbed her back and soothed her, trying to calm her down.

Gerard saw us and waved at me and I pointed at Lea then hand signalled to him that she was crying. He immediately headed towards our direction to come to our rescue.

"Ate, we have to check in," Gerard said as he rubbed Lea's back.

"I-I know," she murmured as she shifted to face her younger brother as she wiped her tears that continuously flowed, "b-but Gerard, I don't want to leave. I've never felt this way with anyone. Not even with Robert. It has always been my career that mattered most but all I want right now is to stay here with Rafaelle."

"Lei, honey. Look. Calm down. It's gonna be okay," I reassured her as I held her hand, "kaya natin 'to. Okay?"

She was to hold my hand back when GR appeared in front of us, so I let go of her hand which immediately earned me a glare from Lea.

"Everything okay? Lea, are you alright?" GR said with utmost concern.

"Y-yea. Everything's fine, Tita GR. A-ah. A-ano kasi..."

"Tita GR, napuwing po kasi si manang Lea. Yeah. Napuwing po siya and we tried blowing on her eyes kaso eyelash ata kaya medyo stubborn."

"Ah I see. Akala ko naman kung napaano ka," GR told Lea, seeming to buy my answer, "o siya, we have to check in na. Ikaw, Rafaelle?"

"Will have to check in na rin po shortly. I have to go back home to Queensland today also," I replied.

"Ganoon ba? You take care ha? Hope to see you soon ulit," GR said as she gave me a hug which I reciprocated.

"Kayo rin po, tita. Sana nga soon magkita kita ulit tayo."

"Raf, can you please accompany me muna sa ladies room?" Lea intervened.

"Sure," I smiled at her, "excuse us po tita ha? Samahan ko lang po si manang mag-powder room."

GR just nodded.

"Let's go?" I asked Lea to which Lea responded to with holding my arm and leading the way.

When we got to the restroom, there was barely anyone there. To be exact, no one was in there.

"I'll wait here. You go on," I told her.

"Come with me."

"Hon, you need to-"

I was cut mid-sentence as she kissed me. As we kissed, she walked us into one of the stalls and locked it. We kept kissing until we needed to breathe.

"I love you," Lea told me as she carressed my shoulders.

"And I, you, hon," I responded as I cupped her face then kissed her again.

She started unbuttoning my top when I held her hand.

"Hon, we're not really doing this right now, are we?" I asked her.

"Why not?" she whispered seductively.

"Because..."

"Hmm?"

Lea pressed her lips against mine when we heard the door open.

"Lea? Raf? Are you here?" GR called. We heard the door shut and thought GR had left.

"So pasaway," I told Lea as she beamed and giggled at me when we parted.

"Raf?"

"Y-yes tita?" I answered as there was no escaping the scenario any longer.

"Lumabas kayo ni Lea d'yan. Let's talk," she commanded.

"Y-yes po tita," I responded while Lea fixed me up then she held my hand before she opened the cubicle door.

"We're engaged, tita GR. It's okay," Lea blurted.

I just looked at her stunned. I was lost for words. Who is tita GR, really? She wouldn't tell Gerard about our engagement but had just blurted out in front of this woman the real score between us.

"Excuse me, Lea. What?" GR responded.

"We're—"

"I heard. I mean what do you mean you're engaged? You've only just met. You've known each other for what? A month? Lea, if this is what you want, I am all for it. Pero kasal agad? Kakikilala niyo lang."

"Engage pa lang naman. Not yet married. But how I wish."

"And you, Raf. Sigurado ka dito?" GR asked me as she pointed at Lea.

"Tita naman. You point at me and ask Rafaelle as if it's a bad thing to want to be with me," Lea shook her head as let out a hearthy laugh.

"I just mean... you are a superstar. The pressure of being your better half has its tolls. Especially in this situation, kaliwa't kanan ang intriga na pupwedeng ibato sa inyo."

"I'm not sure how ready I am, tita. But anything for Lea po," I responded as I held Lea's hand tighter.

"Good to know. Lea, we really need to get moving. Say your good-byes na."

"I suppose we already have."

"Yeah," I smirked, "come on. I'll walk you to check in then I'll go na rin."

Lea nodded as we left the powder room and walked hand in hand through the airport hallways — not really caring about what anyone else might think.