Ch 2

When I woke up the next day, I turned my head to check the side table. To my surprise, there was a piece of folded paper left under my glass of water.

I picked it up and scanned it. It was a phone number with Miss Lea's name on it. I smiled and felt a surge of butterflies in my tummy. I took my phone and saved her number on it.

After doing so, I decided to get up and cart around my IV pole with me to the bathroom to have a shower. Once satisfied, I struted back to my room and laid on the bed. I decided to scroll through facebook and I didn't even know I have started watching funny clips but I just was.

I was too occupied with watching and laughing that I didn't even notice the door open and Miss Lea coming in.

"You seem bright and happy," she said with a smile.

"Oh!"

"I'm sorry, nagulat kita. You seem occupied. Kamusta na pakiramdam mo?"

"Sorry, miss. I-I am feeling much better na po. Salamat. Sabi ko naman po sa inyo di niyo naman po kailangang bumalik eh."

"And I told you, Rafa, that's nonsense! Here, as promised, dinalhan kita ng mga prutas."

"Ay, salamat po ulit. Nag-abala ka pa po," I told her.

"Stop thanking me. Gosh," she said with a chuckle, "you keep thanking me kagabi pa. One thank you is enough. I'm doing naman this because it's something I want to do. And stop using "po" already, I mean it's sweet and I appreciate it but I find it kinda weird."

"Well, uhmmm, okay... Miss."

"Call me manang Lea or Lea, Rafa. I swear I won't bite you," she giggled.

One thing to describe that giggle? Angelic.

I blushed at her words and turned my head so she couldn't see me blushing. I heard her chuckle at what I did, I turned back facing her again and our eyes met. I immediately looked away (Nahihiya ako! Ano ba! Lea naman eh~ Char!) as she was making me blush more.

"Manang, you can sit you know," I looked around and found no movable seat, "dito na lang sa bed if you want. I also do not bite."

"Hmmm... hopefully not," she chuckled as she sat on the bed.

I just shook my head then decided to just chitchat with her.

"So, what are your plans for today? Seeing that you won't be flying to Sydney yet because of me."

"Bantayan ka," she said as she scrolled through her phone.

"What?!" I replied in horror.

"Why? Ayaw mo?" she said pouting.

Ang cute niya pero mamiii bakit naman ganon, bakit naman kailangan akong bantayan. Not that I am complaining but she's friggin' LEA SALONGA. Jusq...

"H-hindi naman sa ganon, manang. But... you're THE Lea Salonga! You have far more important things to deal with than just me. I mean... someone you drove past by the footpath. Geez."

"Looking after you is important too. Mas importante pa ba 'yung rehearsals kaysa sa buhay ng tao? The next concert is not until the 15th. 10th pa lang naman ngayon. Kaya ko naman mag-rehearse in 3 days," she casually explained still scrolling through her phone, "actually nauna na sina Gerard. They flew today, ako lang naiwan dito sa Brisbane."

"Manang..."

"Yeah?" she said looking up from her phone and facing me.

"Last one, thank you," I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "oh sh—. Sorry. Nadala lang ako ng emotions ko. I know hindi ka cool sa pag-invade ng personal space mo."

"It's alright," she said with a smile, "I don't really mind. I mean because... nothing. I just don't mind at the moment."

"So, is it okay if I savour this moment by hugging you?"

"Come here," she said then initiated the hug herself. It was tight and warm. It was a cozy hug as if we've known each other for a long while now.

I smiled and hugged her back — trying to stop myself from getting overly kilig in the process but I couldn't help it. I just melted in her embrace. She felt like home. It made me feel like I was floating in some sort of cloud nine. When we parted, we were both blushing — I knew why I was — I've had a crush on her for a while now, although I have no clue as to why she was.

Not a second skipped, she cupped my cheeks and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

"I know you're a stranger, but, something's pulling me to you. I have this feeling inside me that's just stirred. It feels so different and new but I just find myself attracted to you, Rafa."

"I have a long time crush on you, Lea. But... I actually am in a relationship. I mean... you have sir Rob and Nicole, too..."

"I'm quite aware. I'm sorry," she said casually before getting up.

"Lea..."

"Text me if you need anything. I'd just head back to the hotel for now."

"What about let's learn more about each other? If that's okay with you. Come back here."

She smiled then sat back down beside me. The rest of the time we spent together was us talking about anything and everything. We also watched a few movies until she had to leave to go back to the hotel. She gave me a quick peck on the lips as we said good-bye.

"Lea, nakakarami ka na."

She giggled, "I'll take every opportunity there is."

After that, she left and I smiled to myself before falling into a slumber.