👑.1

Kingdom Sinjae ,Year 1982 ,Full moon night

A loud and painful scream echoed through the halls of the palace wing secluded a little away from the main palace.

Queen Aecha was pacing back and forth, glancing at the closed door with a worried expression.

"My queen ,you shouldn't be here.We will take care of the Prince.If King gets the news about you being here..."

General Hoseok speaks hesitantly .His heart twists painfully inside his chest at the agonizing screams of his beloved Prince .

"He is out of the Kingdom right now and I don't fear him anymore.My son needs me now"
Aecha grounded ,her gaze still fixed at the closed door.

Hoseok pursed his lips.The past week's scenario came in his mind and he raised his worry.

"What will happen next ? My queen if I wasn't there in time.We would have lost Seokjin"

He shouldn't be taking the Prince's name but Seokjin is his childhood friend. His father had served for the king as his general and Hoseok took his place when he passed away.

"I am worried about that too.His Majesty was so furious.I was scared he would hurt him"

Aecha remembers that night.If Hoseok wasn't there in time,the Prince would have taken his life.She would have lost him.She should have been there for him,assured him more that she doesn't hate him.Doesn't feel he is tainted in any way.He is still her beloved son but her voice didn't reached him.

If Hoseok wasn't there...

She shivered at the mere idea.Beomseok was so mad and had marched here growling in anger.Seokjin was blankly looking at him and listening to every insult and curse coming his way.

Aecha's blood boils thinking Jin doesn't feel that Beomseok's anger is wrong.He feels he deserves it,which only crushes her heart more.No one deserves it.The punishment is cruel and she feels helpless that all she could do is watch it in silence.

The screams stopped and she watches the now open door in anticipation. The silence greets her with growing worry.Her heartbeat raced , eyes stinging with new tears and she slowly walks towards the nurse.

The little noises makes her heart squeeze in pain and joy at the same time.

"My queen. It's a Beta boy "
The nurse declares, placing the newborn in the arms of the Queen .

Hoseok leaves his spot to peek inside.
"What about the Prince? Is he alright?"

Aecha looks up with teary eyes ,her gaze holding the same question.

"He is fine too.They both are"
The nurse bows with a kind smile.

Aecha gestures Hoseok to hold the baby while she takes out a bag of gold coins,handing it to the nurse and thanks her for the service.

"General will drop you back home.Thank you again to accept my request and coming here on such short notice"

"I will go see the Prince first if you allow me ,My Queen "
Aecha chuckles ,allowing him.Hoseok would rather take a look himself.

"I will come with you too"
Hoseok nods ,guiding the Queen inside.

When they enter the room ,Seokjin was already asleep and he looked beat.
Jimin got up from where he was sitting and smiles bowing at Aecha ,offering her his seat .

Aecha took a seat, holding Jin's hands in hers.She places a kiss on his forehead and breaks down,a sob ripping her throat as she meets her son again after a long time.