Episode 13 - The Last Night

Start from the beginning

《Time to end it once and for all, Reid.》

McCullum dodged you and tried to attack the doctor, but the other managed to avoid the slash by moving quickly to the opposite side.

《You son of a bitch!》

He didn't stop cursing at the vampire, eager to inflict a death blow on him soon. You stood there, a few steps away from them, witnessing what would have been a battle.

《Stop that Geoffrey, you can't do this next to a hospital!!》  You screamed; right here, Jonathan saw something was different...not only he had seen McCullum embrace you like that, but you also called him by his first name.

《I think I told you Miss Wright, he would have made you suffer sooner or later, no matter how much you may love him.》

The Ekon said that as he let the blood flow out of his body to use as a weapon. Anyway, Geoffrey blocked that and countered with his small crossbow.

This happened several times. When it came to one's turn, the other was able to parry or avoid the attack...that endless cycle of violence was unbearable to watch, you had to do something to prevent them from actually killing themselves.
But your thoughts were interrupted when you saw the vampire hunter on his knees.

《Please stop!!!》

You immediately ran in his direction, but Jonathan stepped in front of you.

《Do you really want me to spare him, Miss Wright? Is he really that important to you...?》  He asked you as if he didn't have a shred of humanity left in him.

McCullum's face was swollen with bruises and blood and yet he had absolutely not given up, not in front of a bloodsucker like him.
Obviously, he noticed your expression and chuckled at the idea that you might be so worried about him, because it was the last thing he expected to see during that crazy night.

As crazy as when he heard you loved him.

《I won't let you hurt him, Dr. Reid, not here and in front of me...》  You clenched your fists and felt a strange energy move inside you.

You were facing an Ekon, just like you, but you feared you wouldn't have been able to beat him, as you weren't as skilled in your power as he was. Well, who knows how many bodies he had left behind to become what he was just now...

However, Jonathan calmed down.

《I have no intention of facing you, Miss Wright, just as I did not want to fight against him. But, as you may have noticed, he gave me no other choice.》  He answered by justifying his own actions in that way, but it didn't convince you at all.

《W-what do you want to do to him?》  At that moment, you just saw the doctor approaching Geoffrey and feared that he might attack him.

《Nothing I will regret later, my dear.》  Then, Jonathan grabbed his chin forcing the two of you to look at each other.

《Tonight, you will let this man die or turn into a vampire. The choice is yours, Miss Wright.》

* * *

You thought the world had already collapsed on you as soon as you became an immortal right after your death...but now, it was as if your breath had been completely taken away.

Why did Jonathan want such a thing? Of course, you didn't want to make any choices and just hoped that ended soon.

Your heartbeat quickened when you caught Geoffrey's gaze; in front of everyone and you, he had always been a selfish and fearless man, so you hated to see him like that now.