You broke me

"Laurie!? Laurie!? "
I shouted loudly as Laura wasn't waking up. She's been sleeping since yesterday. I am actually worried about her. She isn't moving a muscle. I shook her continuously and she's still asleep. I guess she'll be missing school again today. I sighed and covered her breakfast. Then left for school making a mind note to call her later.

I drove to the campus and parked my car that I heard someone calling me.

"Nichole!" Rebecca screamed at top of her lungs. I walked towards her giving her a questioning look. She looked at me head to toe and asked "where's your bestie bish " I shrugged and responded "your concern?" she laughed sarcastically and said "don't be so rude 'ex-bestie' that attitude isn't suiting you". I rolled my eyes and moved forward nudging her away. I don't get what's wrong with her. She's always been so negative especially since Laurie and I grew close. She still isn't over the bestie drama and I bet she said a lot more to Laurie than me.

I took my classes and was hanging out with Jennifer when I noticed Johnsen's absence. It was weird because he barely skips school. I asked Shawn if everything is alright with him and he assured me that Johnsen is alright. Without giving it a second thought I nodded and got distracted by a message I just received.

: Nic don't worry about me, I just woke up and saw your missed calls. Thank you for the breakfast. I feel better now.

I sighed in relief, I'm glad she's better now. Sometimes I feel sorry for her. She deserves the best of this world but sadly her fate plans otherwise.

_____________________________________________

I messaged Nichole to assure her I'm fine. I feel worst to be honest but if I'd tell this to her she would be worried. I finished the breakfast and thankfully didn't end throwing up. Taking the coffee mug with me I headed towards the balcony. I plugged in my headphones to play my playlist that the bell rang.

Nic must be in the middle of school, who could it be? I wondered and headed down stairs to check.

No way. How him. He should be at school.

Johnsen stood outside the house and it gave me weird anxiety. I gathered my courage up and opened the door.

He hugged me. Great. Awful.

It hurt so good that I just wanted to hug him back and never let go but I just patted his back, taking a last sniff to his vanilla scent. He backed off and attacked me with his hundreds of questions.

"Where have you been? How are you? I am sorry I didn't call you. Laurie you okay right? I want to talk to you before Nichole arrives. Can I please come in?"

"hey hey.. Take a breath. I am better and yeah you can come in. " I acted upon.

He gave me a judgemental look and said sympathetically "you don't look better Laurie"

I smiled and gestured him to get inside.We sat in the living room with comfortable silence until I broke it and asked

"so what is it you wanna talk about? "

"I actually - I you - you remember right that - I -

I do Johnsen and I'm sorry I couldn't help you because of my health.