The Death's kiss(Part 1)

The girl with black long hair danced in the night with the melody of the wind and the music of rattling leaves. The audience was stars, the moon was the chief guest. And she was the DANCING ANGEL OF THE NIGHT.
.............
Solider: These are the slaves, my lord.
He said bowing his head in front of the king. King examined them, but before he could say something, a sweet voice was heard.

Princess: Can I take her, Dad?

The 6-year-old girl said pointing at a girl of his age.
King smiled and kneeled in front of his daughter.

King: Why?

Princess: Dad she is just as tall as my shadow. She is my shadow who came to life. My shadow should be with me, right?

The girl said. King laughed humorously.

Kings: Of course, you can love.
Take all of the others in the working area and leave the girl here.

The princess clapped in happiness.
The girl with dirty clothes looked at her. Her dress was shiny. Her hair was combed. She was like a star. And she was a shadow.

Princess looked at the girl and spoke.
Princess: Hello! My name is Ariana. What is yours?
She said with her honey-like voice.
She looked at her expecting an answer. But the girl just hung her head low.

Princess: Why are you not talking to me? Did I do something wrong?

The maid looked at the saddened expression on the princess and the confused expression on the king's face.

Maid: Princess don't be sad, she is.
your shadow right? Shadow never speaks.

Princess touched her chin and pretended to think.

Princess: Oh yes! You are right. I am the star and she is my shadow.

Everyone smiled at her innocence, the other girl just had her head hung low.
Indeed the princess was a star, she grew as much as beautifully as a flower blooms. She was the most polite lady.

She was the flower, everyone wished to see and the shadow was always with the star, everywhere where the light falls, the shadow was always there but the darkness of night made the shadow disappear and a completely different star arise. While the others were busy with the star of the day, she was the queen of stars at the end of the day.
.................
The princess woke up from her sleep and she saw her shadow as they all called her, standing in front of her with a beautiful smile. She smiled looking at her.
Ariana: Come, sit on the bed. How was your sleep Angel?

Angel smiled and nodded her head.
She sat on the bed as instructed.

Ariana: Wait for me. I will get ready and we will have breakfast.

She got up from the bed to get ready.
After some time she came back to find Angel dosing off. She stroked her face and left for breakfast alone.

When she entered the dining room, the king and queen were already present there. She entered the room and greeted them. The king smiled looking at her, she sat down at the dining table and started eating her breakfast.

King: There is a ball event held in the neighbouring kingdom you will have to attend the ball. The Prince of that kingdom is your soon-to-be husband.
Get to know him well through this event. You are going to be the queen of that kingdom.

After saying that King left the room. The queen followed after but the princess sat still frozen. She was shocked. She stood up and eventually left the room. She entered her room to find Angel starting to wake up. She sat beside her and looked at her.

"Maybe, if I would agree to this ball Angel will get the chance to be finally able to leave this palace," she thought.

Angel was awake now, she looked at the princess surprised. She remembered the last time she came for waking Princess for breakfast, now she fell asleep. She immediately sat on the bed with a shocked expression.