Chris's Ending

"So you're meeting Chris today?" Sam asks me curiously.

"Yeah. He's the only one that doesn't know I'm still alive. It'll be a nice to surprise him." I explain.

"I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Don't forget to ask him if you can move in to his place. You can't stay in a motel forever." Sam says as she parks the car.

"Don't worry I won't. Thanks for driving me." I say and give Sam a quick hug.

"Anytime." She mutters and I exit the car.

I pull my coat closer to myself when I feel stares on me. I walk into the library and look around. I'm amazed at all the books lining the shelves.

I see Chris sitting on a couch reading. I walk over to him with a happy smile.

"Hey stranger."

Chris looks up startled. His eyes meet mine and he jumps up excitedly.

"Skye? Ohmygod!" He exclaims and wraps me in a giant bear hug.

I hug him back happily.

"How did you make it out?" He questions as we both take a seat on the couch.

"Hannah threw me out a window before the explosion. She tried to keep me on the mountain but I decided I'd been cooped up there for long enough. I want to experience the real world." I explain with a happy smile.

Chris listens intently and he nods his head many times.

"Also I've been staying in a motel for the past few weeks. Sam was hoping you would let me crash at your place." I say hopefully.

"Yeah of course you can. I have a spare bedroom and I would love the company. We can head there now." Chris says and he stands up.

"Thanks Chris it means a lot." I say and hug him.

He hugs me back and I follow him to the front of the library. Chris checks out a few books and we get into his car.

*A year and a half later*

I snuggle further into Chris's chest as he reads his book. He tightens his hold on me and kisses my head.

"You awake?" He asks softly and puts his book down.

"Mhm." I mumble and it's muffled by his shirt.

"I've been thinking." He mutters and moves some hair out of my face.

"About?" I ask curiously.

"Us. Since you've moved in with me we've gotten really close and I want to take our relationship to the next level." Chris explains nervously.

"Like dating?" I ask and sit up.

I am now straddling his lap and facing him.

"Y-Yeah." He mutters as his face goes red.

"I thought you'd never ask. Of course we can date." I say happily.

"Great!" Chris exclaims and he hugs me.

I hug him back and he sighs in relief.

"Would it be weird if I kissed you?"

"Not at all." I say with a chuckle.

Chris pulls back and he kisses me deeply. I kiss him back and soon his tongue finds its way into mouth.

I smile thinking about everything we have been through and what all will come.

*Three years later*

Chris has taken me to a fancy restaurant. We are sitting at a table by a large window.

"Today is a special occasion you know." Chris says with a smile.

"I know. It's our anniversary and we are celebrating because you just finished college." I say and he chuckles.

"Exactly. To us." Chris says while holding up his glass.

"To us." I mutter and we clink our glasses together.

I see something at the bottom of my drink but ignore it. I down the glass and feel something hit the back of my throat. I take a deep breath and start coughing.

My hand flies to my throat and Chris looks panicked.

"Oh shit. What do I do?" He exclaims worriedly.

I use my hand to beat on my chest but it does nothing. I start to get dizzy and I feel someone picking me up. After a minute a diamond ring hits the ground in front of me.

I fall to my knees taking deep breaths trying to calm myself. I regain my composure and pick up the ring.

My eyes meet Chris's and he looks panicked.

"Baby I am so sorry. I was trying to propose I didn't think you would swallow the ring you're normally more cautious. I'm so sorry." Chris says quickly.

"It's okay hun. Of course I'll marry you." I say and he slips the ring on my finger.

"Oh thank god." He sighs and kisses me.

I kiss him back happy that I didn't die and that I get to marry this amazing man.

(I know I know it's been a while. The last ending will be worth it I promise. It's what is taking up all my time.)