Jess's Ending

It's been months since the incident I've been staying at Jess's house keeping it clean and making sure everything is in place. Today is the day she gets released from the mental health hospital. She doesn't know that I survived or that I'm coming to pick her up.

I get into the car and pull out of the driveway. I'm new to driving but Sam and Ashley have been helping me adjust to life off the mountain.

I pull into the parking lot and check the time. The car radio reads 11:34.

"Just a few more minutes." I mutter to myself anxiously.

I listen to the radio and a few minutes later the doors open and Jess walks out. I exit the car and happily walk over to her.

"Hey beautiful." I say and wrap her in a hug.

"I'm dreaming again?" Jess asks herself.

"No this is real." I say reassuringly.

She happily hugs me back with tears in her eyes. I help her into the car and start the drive home. On the way there I explain how I got out of the lodge and everything that has happened since then.

She happily listens and tells me what it was like in the hospital and how she's doing a lot better. I pull into the driveway and open the door for Jess.

"I hope you don't mind but I did buy something to keep me company." I say sheepishly.

Jess walks through the front door and a German Shepard barks happily.

"Aw." Jess mutters and she happily lets the dog.

"His name is Bullet." I say and scratch behind his ear.

*1 year later*

I am sitting on the couch and Bullet is laying in my lap. I hear the door open and Bullet sits up.

"Hey." Jess says as she sets her stuff down.

"Hey." I mutter and turn down the tv.

She comes and sits beside Bullet. We silently watch the tv until Jess looks over at me worriedly.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I never thought I would be capable of loving someone like this, especially a girl. But Skye I have fallen in love with you." Jess blurts out.

My eyes widen in shock. I did like Jess I just never thought she would like me back.

"I have fallen in love with you too." I say with a fond smile.

Bullet hops off the couch and barks happily. Jess climbs on top of me and kisses me lovingly. I happily kiss her back.

*3 years later*

Jess invited me out to go stargazing. We packed up what we will need in our trunk and we are driving up a mountain.

"You know, five years ago I never would've done something like this." Jess mutters.

"Well we have to live life to the fullest." I say and park the car.

We hop out of the car and get the stuff out of the trunk. I notice Jess putting something in her pocket. I ignore it and we quickly set up a little spot for us to relax on.

I sit down first and pull Jess down into my lap. She kisses me softly and lays against my chest watching the stars. I lay down with her on top of me. We quietly watch the stars as I play with her hair.

"Babe?" Jess asks quietly.

"Yes my love?"

She sits up and straddles me. She looks down at me fondly.

"You know I love you right?" She asks.

"Yes of course baby. Where is this coming from?" I ask worriedly.

"I've just been thinking. I think it's time to take the next step in our relationship." She explains and pulls out a ring box.

My eyes widen in surprise and I smile widely as she pulls the ring out.

"Will you do me the honor of being my lovely wife?" Jess asks with tears brimming in her eyes.

"Yes of course." I say and pull her down and hug her tightly.

She chuckles and hugs me back after putting the ring on my finger.

(Sorry kinda lost motivation for writing. I'm trying guys.)