Chapter 2 - The Rush

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) felt glad about hearing that someone wanted to befriend the humans on the surface. There's been a lot of mixed feelings about them for a while now. Some wanted to befriend them, some didn't. (Y/N) never exposed the Outsiders location or talked about how they killed Capturers. That'll only start a war that looked pretty one sided since it was their community vs dozens of Zones. The Island is far from their route so chances of coming across them again will be next to none but (Y/N) hoped that they changed their ways since then for their own safety.

"You think we'll see any of the demons you've mentioned too?"

(Y/N) back to the Keeper with curious eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you mentioned before that there were demons on the surface who helped you. Is there a chance we'll come across them too?"

"I hope so. It would be nice to see them again." She would love to see Tuca and Yama after all this time. She wanted to see Edith too to tell her about everything that's happened and how her journals did help push humanity forward. Those were the top 3 that she wanted to confirm in the system. Keep them safe from capture and experimentation.

"What about the bad ones?"

"Hm?" At the mention of them, she visibly got uncomfortable but the Keeper didn't seem to notice this.

"Oh well maybe not. You did kill them, right? I was just thinking if they're alive, are you already set on eradicating them from there?" The Keeper asked before turning to look at her boss after observing the trucks a bit. She didn't receive an answer, however. (Y/N) had brought her hands to her chest and stared down at them while memories of 'them' flashed in her mind. Once her breathing started to quicken, she snapped herself out of her small state and looked around quickly before turning to leave.

"Wait where are you going?"

"They're dead. They're dead. They're dead." The Head Keeper could be heard whispering as she exited the hangers and left the Keepers confused.

One of them approached the female Keeper since she was the last one talking to their boss.

"What happened? Why did she leave?"

"I asked her if we come across those bad demons she talked about would she be quick to eradicate them..."

"You idiot! Everyone knows not to bring up those two around her! They're like trigger words or something!"

Meanwhile, the Head Keeper was busy isolating herself from the world around her. She found a back hall that was pretty devoid of people and leaned against the wall as she tried to steady her breathing.

She hated this. Even after all this time those two still had an effect on her. She can go days completely fine without the thought of them in mind, but then they get brought up in some way by those who are curious and (Y/N) will have to pull herself away in order to gain her composure.

A lot of stuff that she tried to keep hidden about herself unfortunately got leaked across the lab. She never brought up their names to the Scientists who interviewed her during her recovery so at least she doesn't have to hear their names again. But everyone in the lab now knows that the first demons she was put in charge of became her kidnappers and tormenters and that she managed to kill them.

At least she hoped that was the case. She knows that I9 is dead. She had proof herself that told her that she managed to kill the demon who was after her body. But she never had proof if the ones who loved her died as well. She remembers the explosion being huge, enough to take out an entire building. It shouldn't be questioned whether or not those two went down with it.