━━NIJŪHACHI

Start from the beginning

Ushijima Wakatoshi, in his young life, had never witnessed such exquisiteness—not until now. He gulped in realization. There was something bustling in his stomach. Lurching and twisting excitedly while he remained in his stare.

"—kun? Hey, Toshi-kun?" Her voice pervaded, stopping him from his brief entrancement.

"Huh?" Ushijima looked at her in an expectant manner, mildly curious. Nao then laughed once again, covering his ears as she had cupped his face between her hands.

"I said you're handsome!" Nao expressed in a jest. His appearance drew puzzlement. He had missed what she had said as the girl had enswathed both sides of his head out of earshot.

"What?"

"Nothing!"

The rays of the sun filtered through the canopy as the two leaned beneath the protection of the wisteria tree

The rays of the sun filtered through the canopy as the two leaned beneath the protection of the wisteria tree. The light was weaving across the blossoms to trickle their skin. Its dangling petals in a chromatic mixture of lilac and mauve.

The said tree had stood and remained in the Fuji family from generations before her. It was said that the family's name was inspired by the flowering plant. Symbolizing long-lasting love and tenderness. Nao wondered if ever she would find that kind of lasting affection that could withstand the test of time.

Maybe someday. The thought made her smile.

"Nao-chan."

She glanced at the person beside her, humming in response. Ushijima was caressing her locks while she was inclining her head on the latter.

"Are we still playing house?"

The boy halted to look at her for a moment. Nao then beamed, pinching his nose.

"Well, of course, my darling husband!"

Ushijima grew flustered from her term of endearment, she had uttered that nickname with so much tenderness.

"It's been a blessing to be married to you—most of all!" Nao linked their arms together, then grasping his hand. "Our children are so lucky to have you as their father!" She stated happily to the forest-haired boy.

He began to flash her a smile. Contented with her answer. "I'm the luckiest to have you as my wife." Ushijima also told the girl, his tone was quiet and sincere.

"Nao-chan." He breathed her in. "My Nao-chan."

The wind billowed a gentle nudge in support of the two. It made the petals dance while they were having their sweet conversation. It was as if the place was snowing pink-tinted drops in the middle of summer. The sun had almost dipped on the horizon. Warm colors had painted the lucent sky.

With their hands entwined, the boy with olive green eyes had everything he could ever ask for.

"I wish we could be like this forever—Toshi-kun." Nao said to him as she tilted her chin on his shoulder. Her orbs staring through the latter. Ushijima began to thumb her stray lock, sweeping it aside to look at her unhindered.

He marveled at her words. She wanted to be with him—forever. That was more than enough to make the corners of his mouth curve upwards. More than enough to hear the serene and happy beating in his chest.

"I'm glad to know that we are wishing for the same thing."

Nao picked a petal that was on his hair, gleaming at his delighted expression. "You should often smile." She told him. "It suits you more."

Ushijima chuckled, his laughter was reverberating. He then held the side of her face in a tender way. Like he was grasping someone irrevocably valuable to him.

"I knew you would say that." The boy stated. "But I like your smile too, Nao-chan." He pinched her cheek. "I am happy whenever I see you happy."

Nao then moved to embrace Ushijima. Putting her arms around him in a long, big hug. The latter was then surprised. However, he had returned it afterwards, welcoming her embrace.

"I'm so lucky to have you." She mumbled in his chest, looking up to gaze at his viridian orbs in appreciation. "Thank you." Nao began to say. "You don't know how grateful I am to have someone like you, Toshi-kun." His attention was fixed on the girl, smiling at her softly. He went in closer, planting his lips on her forehead in a light kiss.

A moment had passed, the two settled in a tranquil silence. Treasuring each other's company. Both were admiring the magnificent view that was shown before them.

"Someday—I'll marry you for real." The young Ushijima then whispered as she had stayed in his arms, enjoying his warmth. He muttered that promise with the wisteria tree as his witness.

"Someday."

▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░