Golden Eyes

I felt warm, my body didn't feel cold anymore. I slowly opened my eyes, I found myself on the floor. My body was covered in heated blankets, I pushed the blanket back and saw a shackle on my ankle. Suddenly, a blue woman appeared, she smiled gently at me.

"Hello, I'm glad you're awake. Principal, the girl is awake." The woman called, in a flash, an elderly man appeared beside her. His blue eyes were hard and cold as he stared at me.

"Who are you?" He asked, kneeling beside me. He looks into my eyes as if looking for a shred of evil.

"I'm... Lumille... Lumi for short." I said, looking away from him. I can't stand holding eye contact with people, it makes it feel like they're judging me.

"Okay, what are you? Why were you in the frozen waters of Siberia, Dragon Lord?" He said, coming back into my vision again. I remembered the night before, Renata shoved me into the water, and she was shot. Everyone must have died, I saw blood and fire as Bondarev carried me.

"I-I don't know, I don't remember. I was... being carried... then there was blood and fire..." I said, rubbing my sore head. The weakness in my body was gone, did they do something?

"Well, at least you aren't dead. I am Principal Anjou of Cassell College, you might know the name." He stated, tapping my head. Suddenly, images I didn't even know flooded into my head. Something in the back of my head unlocked and pressure was starting to build up.

"It's... a Dragon Slayer training academy... in Chicago," I said, now putting two and two together. Were they going to kill me since I'm a Dragon Lord? I felt my body go cold as I ran through the possible executions they could do to me.

"Now, I know you're worried but don't worry, we have a deal to make with you," Anjou said, looking at the blue woman. She was an AI butler of the college, EVA, according to the information Anjou had put into my brain.

"A deal?" I asked, looking back at the old man. He nodded, blowing out a puff of smoke, was that a cigar?

"Yes. You keep yourself in check, we won't kill you, neither I nor EVA see anything evil about you. One wrong move, one indication of betrayal, we will eliminate you." He said, snapping his fingers. The shackle broke off and he helped me up from the ground.

"EVA, bring our guest some clothes, oh and make them comfortable for dragons," Anjou said, looking to the blue hologram. She nodded and disappeared, Anjou wrapped a warm blanket around me and had me follow him.

"Starting from today, you'll be a student at our college. I have alerted a trustworthy young man of your status, his name is Caesar Gattuso. He's the one that will be keeping an eye on you, supposed to anyway." Anjou said, breathing in his cigar.

EVA returned, some clothes were brought in by a small robot named Adams. I was brought to another room and I changed into some clothes. The hood on the outfit was complicated, there were holes in it for my horns, but it was hard to put the hood over. I'm assuming it's to make it look like an accessory than real horns. I guess they don't want to point out the fact that I was a freak of nature.

"Now, head out, there's a little... activity planned for the freshmen today." He said, pointing towards the door. I nodded, then left the office. The bright sun outside blinded me more than it did at Black Swan Bay. On the ground, there was no snow, was it not Christmas in Chicago?

I could hear someone screaming, I turned around and saw a boy with brown hair running towards me. There were strange... demon-men chasing after him. I thought he was going to fight back, but he was thrown towards me. When he saw me, he jumped up and hid.

"H-Help me!" He shouted, cowering behind me. I rolled my eyes and stomped the ground, ice shot towards them, impaling them. Wait, should I have done that in front of him?