I9 used several of the chairs' broken pieces to impale Ki all over. His legs, chest, arms. He could barely move but somehow got the strength to pick himself up.

(Y/N) desperately kicked and tried pulling the tendrils off but I9 quickly yanked her into the air upside down in front of it. When she swung towards it, I9 gripped her face in its dead hands and forced her mouth open along with its. Black smoke shot from I9's mouth to hers, (Y/N) turned her head away but it was like the smoke followed her and forced its way inside.

"NOOOO!!!" Akai screamed.

Ki shrieked and teleported quickly but unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough.

(Y/N) could feel her eyes roll back painfully, her body seize up, and lastly, her weight get lighter and lighter as she felt being pushed out of something that was hers. Everything seemed to slow down and grow quiet. All the pain she had vanished, her eyes clouded in tears, and her limbs started to relax.

"Don't worry...." A man's voice spoke in what she thought was her ear. The voice was rough, scratchy, and something she heard before. The same voice that once belong to I9 when it was human.

"I'll take good care of your body. Now rest."

(Y/N) was forced to let go. She failed. The light in her (e/c) eyes began to fade and until nothing was left.

Ki reappeared just as both I9 and his love fell to the ground. I9 dropped to the ground like a corpse, while (Y/N) still had her eyes open, making Ki believe she still was alive.

A panicked light grunt came from him as he scooped her up into his arms. He couldn't speak, but the noises he made were similar to a whimpering dog. Akai finally freed himself from the screen and rushed his way over to her.

"(Y/N)!"

Once he reached the two, he grabbed her face and turned it towards him. "(Y/N) wake up! Wake up baby please!"

Ki started to hyperventilate so Akai took her from him and the dark demon backed away and gripped his head with his sharp claws. He didn't believe this was happening! It couldn't be happening!

Akai laid her gently on a seat and placed a hand on her heart. (Y/N)'s head fell forward, making him hold it up with his other hand that he shifted back to normal. "Come on baby!"

He focused on his hand placed on her heart and sent an electric pulse through it. Her body jumped but no response.

"Come on!" He growled.

The pulse went through her again but no response.

"COME ON!" He yelled, a tear streaming down his face.

This time, he sent a large one but again... she didn't respond.

(Y/N) fell into his chest, she was gone...

Silence followed after except for Ki's harsh breathing as he couldn't break his eyes away from his love. He couldn't protect her... He couldn't keep I9 away from her... She's gone...

Akai's eyes twitched and rested on the floor below. He couldn't think, couldn't bare to look at anyone. Every memory with her came crashing down on him, especially the day they broke out of the lab. The biggest decision he ever made when it came to her.

"This is your fault..." Akai muttered, directing it towards the demon in front of him. "It was your idea to bring her with us and now she's... now she's dead."

Ki didn't even deny it. It was his idea. But he loved her too much to just leave her, he couldn't imagine being without her for even a second.

But this wasn't just his fault. Akai didn't object to the idea, this was his fault too.