Chapter 63 - The Final Moment

Start from the beginning

    It looked like a groundskeeper leaning on his shovel next to a man in a black suit. "Those poor boys. What happened to them?"

    The man in a black suit took a puff of his cigarette and blew out the smoke. He shook his head as the thought of it was too rough to even think about. "They got sick."

     Crying came in the direction of where Gabriel once sat and (Y/N) looked to see a funeral. A family gathered around two caskets being lowered into the ground. A sobbing mother fell to her knees with the father comforting her. They both had blond hair and features that were almost familiar.

    (Y/N)'s eyes widened as she started backing up but something rough grabbed her arm tightly that she yelped and closed her eyes. But when she opened them, she was met with the red eyes of Akai.

"Why aren't you talking?!" He yanked her towards him with his hand gripping the part of her upper arm that wasn't numb. Her eyes began to constrict as they focused on his hand. Ki growled and teleported to them but didn't make it in time before both demons felt a dark presence coming from her.

    (Y/N) glared at Akai and grabbed his wrist that held her arm. "I said BACK UP!"

    Within a second, the girl managed to pull his hand off her and swing at his gut, sending him back down the aisle of seats. Ki appeared next to her and on some unknown instincts, (Y/N) swung her leg up and kicked him in the ribs which sent him into the wall behind her. Both demons crashed from the completely unexpected attacks. Akai coughed from getting his head banged on several seats and Ki grunted in pain from the blow to his ribs.

    They both managed to look back at the girl to see (Y/N) clutching her head in pain stumbling to her knees.

'What did I do?! That wasn't me! I couldn't control my body!'

    (Y/N) pulled herself to her feet and began climbing over the seats to the exit. She needed to get away before they got back up. Ki noticed her attempting to escape and quickly teleported to her despite the pain in his body. He appeared in front of her and wrapped his arms around her body before she even realized it. 

"Let me go!" (Y/N) yelled as she pounded her fist on his ribs.

    Before she could do that punch she used on Akai, Ki grabbed her arms, spun her around, and held them behind her back tightly. He doesn't know what happened to her but he had an idea that I9 was involved.

    (Y/N) struggled against him but whatever had possessed her with that strength to knock them both back was starting to fade away. She weakly tried pulling her arms away but fell to her knees again instead.

    Akai stomped over to the two, clearly mad but also bewildered by what just happened. His red eyes were set on her head that was facing the ground. "What are you trying to do, (Y/N)?! After everything I did for you, this is what I get?!"

"Everything you did?" Growled Ki. "What happened to me?!"

"Oh shut the fuck up, asshole! I was the one to hunt the food AND scout the areas! What did you do besides snuggle up to my girl?"

"I protected her and I knew how to get us through the city better than you! What did you do besides being a useless fuck!?"

"You protected her?! Look at her! For all we know, that demon bitch probably got its way!"

     (Y/N) listened to their arguing and cringed at their loud voices hurting her ears and making her headache worse. Ki didn't let go of her arms but his rising anger made him grip tighter and tighter even though she couldn't feel a thing.

"She doesn't love you, dumbass! You're a monster! You'll probably kill her at some point cause' you act just like a feral dog!"

    Ki glared as Akai gritted his teeth. Ki hated what the blond said. Of course (Y/N) loves him, he's been there for her and was nice to her from the beginning unlike Akai. Ki knows he isn't in the right mindset at the moment, but he'll work on that after he gets rid of the blond. "If I'm a monster then you are too! She didn't exactly run into your arms, did she? So don't act like you're any better than me, you damn creature!"