Step Four: OH FUCK THAT WASN'T IN THE PLAN WHAT'S HAPPENING

Start from the beginning

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kaelyn: Do you want to go to the dango place on the corner of Ail Street?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

John bit his lip. He didn't like dango all that much, but she seemed to like it so...

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

John: sure! We can meet up in an hour.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Arlo, having calmed down, leaned over his shoulder. "Who's that?"

He looked up from his phone. "Oh, a new friend named Kaelyn. I'm going to hang out with her in an hour."

The other boy had a slight pout to his face. "So we're not going to be able to hang out as much?"

John worried his bottom lip with his teeth. "I mean, we're only going to get dango, and it's not a far walk, so I don't think I'll be gone too long, right?'

He nodded, still frowning. "Yes, I guess that makes sense. Have you had anything to eat?"

John had a sheepish look on his face. "I kinda...just laid in bed with you the whole time?"

Arlo glared (looking like a puppy) "Go eat! Now!"

"But I'm going to eat with someone in an-"

"No! Go eat!"

John rolls his eyes, but gets up. "Yes, dad ."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────-

Putting on his hair gel, John checked the time and saw it had been forty five minutes since he had texted Kaelyn.

Setting down the bottle of hair gel , he went to his closet and grabbed a long sleeve shirt and skinny jeans, calling to Arlo as he walked to the door. "I'm heading out now."

He heard Arlo speak from where he was sitting on the couch, moping. "Yeah, yeah, go have fun. Without me. I'll just be all alone. In this empty house-"

"Arlo, you live in a one bedroom apartment."

"- All alone , no one to care for me-"

John walked over to where Arlo had his head craned backward against the armrest. Swiping his blond hair out of the way, John leaned down and brushed his lips against Arlo's forehead. The king stilled, shutting his mouth.

"I'll be back soon."

Arlo made a strange choking noise. He smiled to himself, and walked out the door.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

John turned the corner to the street where the dange shop was and saw Kaelyn standing outside.He had been able to get to the place in under ten minutes, which was quite nice.

Kaelyn was scrolling on her phone, her brown hair curled around her shoulders. John blinked slightly. Did she...curl her hair before she came?

Shaking off his thoughts, she called to the girl. "Hey!"

She turned around, green eyes brightening and cheeks flushed. "Heya John! Wanna head in?"

As they walked into the quaint shop, Kaelyn stood uncomfortably close, and John shifted slightly so she wasn't hanging off his arm. "So what are you gonna get?"