Chapter#25

She didn't like it.

Not even one bit.

Oh God, one of her deepest fear turned out to be true. It was glaring right at her. She had made fun of such girls with Hailey, didn't she? Hailey sure got hit by karma but her karma was just starting up.

She was turning into a stalker!

FBI level stalker!

Biting her nail, she made sure not even a strand of her hair could be seen by people as she continued to gawk at the group. Her hiding spot was secluded , a big ass pillar was being her true hero right now. Her petite figure easily got fit behind. She was peeking from the back of it . .at the guy that was slowly becoming an integral part of her life.

He ran his hand through his hair, messing them up , continuing to talk to Chuck. The wrist watch on his hand glinted under the sunlight, nearly blinding her. They were standing on the grassy ground, discussing. Wearing a ruby red t-shirt with the Nike logo and jeans that seemed to be made for him that pronounced his muscles. It wasn't his muscles that messed up with her , what always made her heart rate spike up was his eyebrows! They were inky black and arched , if he so much as frowned , they would add a strange kind of allure to him. .made him look like proceed with caution . He had Damon Salvatore eyebrows! That's what Hailey said!

And now she agreed.

Chuck said something and Brad shut his eyes, shaking his head at what his friend said while his lips pulled up into a smile.

Yeah, she was whipped.

He didn't even need to try.

And to her horror, with his eyes fixed on Chuck, he slipped his hand in his Jean's pocket and got out his cellphone!

Heart in her throat, she knew what was going to happen!

Quickly, she jumped back , leaning against the marble pillar , taking in deep steady breaths. .and right in cue her cellphone vibrated!

Her fingers trembled, she fetched out her cellphone from the sling purse and flipped it open.

"Shit." She cursed.

One new message.

Licking her dry lips, she swiped the screen.

Where are you?

"Ok! That's simple. Where am I? Uh, at the library! Yeah at the library!" She was talking to herself getting a few curious looks.

At the library with Hailey.

She sent the message.

And then peeked out, just a wee bit. Enough to catch the frown on his face as she read her text.

And then he started to type.

I heard you today : )

The phone nearly toppled out of her hands when she read the message, her face flamed up and her girly brain quickly backtracked , processing as to where he might have heard her? There was just no way. .their circles didn't mingle! And if he did hear her , what exactly did he hear?! Sometimes she snorted like a bloody pig to Hailey for shits and giggles! Did he-no!!

Really? Where?

"Please no snort no snort." She begged the sky and biting her lower lip, she peeked again.

He was smiling alright! Smiling at the phone in his hand!

And he typed.

The anxiety she felt was so freaking real!

You were laughing. The more you laughed the more I looked. The more I wanted to hear ; )

Stella couldn't help but feel on cloud nine. The way he made her heart flip. .the way he listened to her ramblings. .

She sent the one word and decided to go back inside the building before he tells her about her stalking him.

Creep!

××××××××××××××

She wouldn't be a girl if she didn't check her laugh like. .five times already? To the point where it was sounding fake.

Standing in front of the mirror, she tried to smile , a close mouthed smile. .

"Better." She said to her reflection, and she noted one thing right away. Her brown eyes shouldn't be that sad at this age. It was almost like. .she was holding onto something. The more she tried to hide it, the more her eyes spilled.

Sighing, she made a bun out of her long thick hair, a genetic gift from her mother's side. She glanced at the worn out wall clock , two minutes left till it striked ten.

She had bolted the door , went as far as sticking a chair under the bolt. The window of her room was opened all the way, just in case she needed to jump out. But nothing had boiled down to this. .yet.

A big fat yet.

"Anytime now." She muttered , going towards her bed and letting herself fall , her back hit the mattress. She needed to get another one, the springs were sprouting out from different places. She had scratches on her legs from it

Her ears strained to hear the heavy footsteps and sure enough. .someone was climbing the stairs.

The thud thud made her close eyes.

And. .

She didn't flinch at the sound of first punch ricocheting around her small room.

She didn't shriek in terror at the string of abuses thrown around.

She didn't cower in fear at the death threats.

Stella didn't cry at the promise of beating the second she steps out.

With more abuses hurl her way, the person on the other side went thud thud down the stairs , she heard the door being slammed shut and silence took over again. .as if what she heard was nothing but a phantom of her dreams.

The only thing that made her pop her eyes open was the cellphone vibrating beside her head on the bed.

Slowly, she got her cell and squinted at the screen. A slow smile spread on her face as she read the text.

Is it over?

Smile deepening, she typed.

Were you holding your breath all this time?

She didn't have to wait much for the answer.

Yeah, kinda. Do you like me holding my breath for you?

Stella sat up straighter. Her eyes running over the text over and over again.

More than I should :p

She imagined him chuckling at the stupid text.

All you gotta do is ask : ) and remember if the tables won't turn in your favor, flip them the fuck over.

×××××××××××××