"I wouldn't hesitate on anything when it comes to the people I love."

"Mecca it's ok. I really don't want y'all to feel like it's something whe-"

"Nah Tahj it ain't ok. What happened- how it happened, wasn't right."

"Mecca this is a beautiful night and I don't want that being spoiled with something so unnecessary." I tried to tell him as we were now headed towards the front door.

He opened the front door and there was the black heavily tinted G wagon, I didn't have to ask because I knew.

"You love me like a sister but you put me in harms way?" He cracked a smile and shook his head.

"I trust that nigga with my life, I admit that I was blinded by what exactly was goin' on and I let business take control, but it doesn't change the fact that he showed me real and came through for me every time." He spoke seriously. I sighed and walked out as he came behind.

"Just get what you're owed, you don't gotta be friends of no sort but you deserve it." He said walking me to the door.

"And what if it's not what I wanna hear?"

"Sometimes what we don't wanna hear is what we need to." He opened the door and there he sat. Mecca nodded to him as he did the same back and walked away.

Taking a final look at him I got in and closed the door as the weed and cologne aroma circulated through the a.c.

It was silent as he pulled off we drove like this for atleast ten minutes before I looked over at him, his hair was pulled into a high bun as he stared emotionless with low eyes, he was obviously high. Turning my gaze out the window I saw in my peripheral him taking glances of me every now and then.

"You good?" I heard him say as I looked over to him and simply nodded.

"Yea..." I answered lowly.

It was crazy considering that the last time that we'd rode together like this was the day that my heart was instantly ripped out of my chest.

This alone was too much for me.

Soon we pulled up to the pier near the bridge onlooking the city. It was moment of silence for a bit until I heard him shifting around for a mere second.

"I had to, even tho it wasn't much of a choice Tahjae." He sighed.

This moment was a lot for me and it had me questioning myself if I was even ready for this.

"My mama wasn't having allat shit..." He started.

"I wasn't the nigga to be fuckin' with no feds so protection from them wasn't enough." I looked over at him as he rubbed his hand through his beard.

"I never wanted to leave you. Especially like that." I watched him closely as he bit at his lip.

"I loved yo ass Tahjae. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that I ain't messed around..." he paused "but it was you over everybody..." I looked over at him as my vision blurred and he stared back at me.

"I was in a coma for about two weeks, on a tube for at least a month and they took my ass outta there. That was it. I ain't had no warning. No say. No nothin'."

"I couldn't say goodbye, everyone thought that it was best for me."

"Everyone, my mama, my grandmother all em' had they say except for me. I really never picked up and just left you Tahjae." He said keeping his full gaze on me.

"I heard shit. I knew they talked they shit bout chu' and I'm sorry I wasn't there to defend and protect you like I was 'pose to."

"Eventually I came back. I couldn't make shit right like I wanted to. Timing was hella' off, and I figured you was on your way..." He spoke with almost sounding like he'd regretted it.