Taehyung lets out a gasp looking at the picture in which Baekhyun was wounded. He felt the familiar sting of tears back on his eyes, itching to fall and dampen the photos. Then he heard the loud tap on the table by the officer with bitter words breaking the tensed air between them. 

"Later when Kim Baekhyun left, you followed him. You didn't wait to take another car because you knew. Baekhyun wasn't gonna make it. So you ran." 

The next snap has Taehyung running behind the car. And as the officers stated, the other snapshot was the car of Baekhyun stopped, engines on, lights flashing. But there were two cars. At 23: 23, on the bridge of Hangang. 

"When you both were in the house, you two argued and then you hit your brother with the flower vase. Baekhyun was hurt and his body was giving up slowly and you took that opportunity. Am I right, Kim?" 

"And then at the bridge of the Han river... 

You reached three minutes after your brother, tired but energized because you finally will get a chance to end him forever." 

Minho glared at Taehyung who was a crying mess now, head down and lips trembling and lowly uttering no to the officer. But no one heard. He continued with his whispering, shaking his head in dismay and denial while the officer didn't stop his assumptions about the night. 

"As soon as you reached, you opened the car door and pushed Baekhyun out. The poor man reached his extreme, already was in suffering because of you, but! you didn't stop there, took out the iron rod from the trunk of the car, hit on his head, then pushed him to the Hangang. YOU KILLED HIM!" 

"NO! STOP! 

No. I didn't. Baekhyun is my brother. I was searching for him everywhere when I couldn't find him at home. I... I could never. He's my... Hyung... 

I didn't kill... I can't... "

Taehyung pleaded. His broken voice didn't reach any ears. Taehyung feels like his vision is giving up, slowly mind losing the ability to fetch words and understand the shouting of the officer, while he lets his heart wander to the good old days. 

"Tae...  Life is short for you to figure out. Just live with what you have. And find your happiness on your own." 

"Even if you behave like a brat, hyung still loves you, my baby brother. Happy Birthday..." 

"It's okay, Taetae. You worked hard. Now let's cuddle and sleep..." 

Taehyung hears his brother saying in his ears, his peripheral vision searching for the silhouette of Baekhyun, but feels disappointed when he couldn't see. The anguish emptied the last tears of his heart and the ray of hope fell into the deep abyss. He will stay in the prison, and finish his life without the care of anyone. He's a murderer in the eyes of the world. Neither Taehyung has the power to tell them the truth nor does he find a reason to go and live out of that black hole. 

"And then you killed your fiance with your brother's car." 

Hold on. 

The caramel-haired boy couldn't exhale, felt his lungs squeezing hard and suffocating him. He couldn't just believe what he heard because there was no way this is true. How and why is this gonna be true? Because Taehyung doesn't have a fiance in the first place. 

"Why? Because you doubted your brother and fiance. Right, Kim?" 

"No. Please... No... I don't even have a fiance." 

Taehyung screamed. He couldn't bring himself to care when officer Minho passed a bewildered expression, eyes widening at the words of the boy in front of him. All this time, Taehyung never raised his voice. He was only uttering a small no, but this was shocking for him. Minho leans back on his chair, gazing at the scattered pictures in front of him solely before looking at Taehyung. Letting out a humorless chuckle, the officer folds his arms around his chest.