2. Truth Or Dare

Mulai dari awal

Just like that, one day he woke up to realize that for the rest of the journey, he was all alone. 

"Taehyung-ssi, you awake?" 

The same sharp voice echoed in the room and Taehyung sat straight, shuddering at the thought of what possibly will happen to him. He tries to keep his blurry eyes open, only to find officer Minho standing in front of him, his crip uniform accentuating the tough look of the man, eyes piercing Taehyung's sore body. Taehyung wanted to wipe the tears in fear and also let them fall into helplessness. Because he knows, whatever he utters to the man, he's not gonna be believed by anyone here. And that shattered the last hope buried inside him. 

"So, before the blood on the wound gets dry, tell me why you killed your brother Kim Baekhyun?" 

Taehyung hears Minho telling in a despised way, which did nothing to his already torn heart. Because he feels numb at that time. This is what he explained yesternight. He told the room full of officers that he would never do that to his brother, his only family. That thought alone makes Taehyung fall on his knees. The winter they spent together, the summer they dived deep in the oceans, the springs they walked through the footpaths, everything flashed in front of his tired eyes, too hurt to rewrite them all with the ink of memories. Taehyung folds his hands in front of the officer in helplessness, words didn't come out of his mouth. 

"TELL ME! Speak up the truth, Kim. 

Did you kill him because you were jealous of him? Was he not a good brother to fulfill your luxurious needs? Was he not taking care of you? Did he do anything to you that you had no other option than to kill him? 

SPIT OUT, YOU BAST*RD, COME ON!" 

The shouting filled in the room, making it darker than before. Taehyung felt a need to stop breathing and leave the place to find Baekhyun. He felt nothing but a scrap, thrown out as if his existence is not gonna matter anymore. Neither did he try to prove them wrong. He indeed is a mess now. Unwanted and unconcerned. Fateful chaos. 

 "S-Sir... I didn't... He's my brother. My only one in this world. How... 

I didn't do anything... Please... Trust---"

"SHUT THE HELL UP, KIM. 

Just don't open your mouth to tell me to trust you when all the proofs are against you. Look! 

Just look at this." 

The officer said, throwing the file in his hand to the table and tapping ever so loudly on it, which made the whole aura around them stumble a bit before coming back to its trance. Even after explaining his innocence to the officer, Minho wasn't ready to trust whatever Taehyung said. But he didn't lose hope because he did nothing wrong. He never even could imagine something like that. But the world was against him. The florist glanced at the file in front of him, vision blurring because of the tears that were wetting his long eyelashes. 

"Look at this. At 8:23 pm. You entered your house, hands in the pockets, a scarf covering your neck. Then unlocked the house. When the door closes, it doesn't reopen until three hours later, almost at 11:00 pm." 

Minho paused to take a look at Taehyung, while he showed the snapshots of CCTV footage to the man. Each photo had time printed on it in yellow color, surroundings were hard to notice because of the darkness. In the first photo, Taehyung was walking towards the house, just like the officer said, hands stuffed in his pocket, scarf around his neck flying in the light breeze making his side profile blurry. The second picture has Taehyung opening the door of his home, then entering inside. Both photos were clicked five seconds apart, but the next one showed 22:54. In that shot, Baekhyun was walking out of the home, his face showed fear and one hand was holding his head while the other had the car key in it. Was Baekhyun injured?