Wha- Huh?

Author's Note:
Mikasa has 2 jobs. Incase it gets confusing to understand. 1 is at the supermarket and 1 is at a publishing company. She helps print papers but she wants to write them instead. That's why it seems like she has 8 million jobs. TYYYYY🫶🫶

You were drooling, in a comfortable sleep with marks on your face from where the couches' cloth was placed. Your head almost fell off of the arm it was resting on when—

Ding~

Your doorbell was ringing. Who the fuck was ringing your doorbell? You had barely any friends and most of the people living in your cheap neighborhood were old people.

Ding, Ding, Ding~

"OKAY DAMN, IM COMING CHILL OUT." You shouted, irritated and tired. You shuffled your way to your front door and peeked out of the peep-hole. You couldn't see anyone so you just opened the door.

"Have I ordered anything? Is there a package?" You thought as you opened the door.

Mikasa, yet again, was in your view. Her face was red and her cheeks were puffy. She was sitting on her knees in front of your door with her head down. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she had a pissed off look in her eyes.

"You goo-"

"Shut up."

You stayed silent. It was awkward again, you got deja vu from last night at the library.

"Why are you here?" You said in a concerned voice.

"I- can I come inside?" She asked looking for people who might be eavesdropping.

"Sure, yeah, of course." You opened the door wider and let her get off the ground and walk in.

She looked around for the living-room and once she spotted your couch; she went to go sit down.

You finished locking your door and went to go sit down beside her.

"Explain."

"So last night, I was giving feedback to this one guy in my office at the publishing house. My manager didn't like this since I don't have any published articles and he began to yell at me and tell me that I won't ever be anything if I don't make people 'beg' for my work. I was upset so I went to Armin's place and spent the night there. In the morning he told me he had to go on a trip around town and he most likely wouldn't be back till later tonight. He asked me if I knew where you lived since he thought we were friends and I tried to tell him we weren't but he had already been prepared to drop me off. He rang the doorbell and once he heard you cuss he left."

"Sorry about that," You gave her a worried look. "Do you need anything?"

"Yeah," she paused with a look of shame on her face. "How do I promote my articles?"

You smiled. This was your thing. You were great at navigating the internet and you were even better at grabbing peoples attention, funny since Mikasa didn't think so.

"Stop smiling like that and help me so I can leave and stop crying." the goth baby mumbled out.

"Hold on, i'll help you in a sec, why are you crying though?" You questioned.

"I'm frustrated and it's the morning." She said wiping her tears.

"Understandable. Come with me to my office so I can give you lists from journals I saved awhile ago." You said as you got up and made your way down a hallway with four doors and a spiral staircase at the end.

You opened one of the doors at the end of the hallway and walked into a room filled with journals, books, and windows. You took a seat at the small desk in the corner and pulled out a drawer. Within the drawer were files of different small publishing companies that made it easier to spread content and advertise for you. Your original manager handed you this sheet just to see if you were set on working with them.

Mikasa slowly filed in while holding a bunch of paper towels in her hands.

"You must've made yourself at home... great." You said sarcastically while handing her the papers.

"What are these?" She said looking at the back and front of the papers while dabbing her eyes.

"It's a list of various companies that helped me grow my blogs and articles. They are very useful for new creators and i'm not sure I would even have my platform if it weren't for them." You were filing through more of the things in your desk trying to find more useful tips/people. You didn't find anything or anyone.

"Can I keep the list?" She asked politely.
You were startled at her sudden change of mood. It was like she was talking to her boss.

"Yeah, I don't need them." You said closing your drawers. "If you lose it just come back, I can write all of them down."

She nodded and stood there. Silence. Yet again. You felt yourself seeing this become a reoccurring predicament.

"....anything else?" You added into the silence.

She looked at you. A look of shame re-entering her eyes. "Could you drive me home? I don't think I'll be able to walk home without having some sort of breakdown on the concrete."

You didn't speak, you just got up and walked out of the room. You went to grab your keys from the counter with Mikasa following.

You didn't drive often because every place you needed or should live around was within walking distance. You enjoyed walking more than driving anyways.

Once you grabbed your keys, you walked towards your front door and unlocked it. You walked towards your white car that smelled of old people and peppermints.

"Smells like home." You thought while climbing into the drivers seat. Mikasa did the same but on the passengers side and she buckled her seatbelt up. You followed, then started the car up.

You opened the map on your cars touch-screen and signaled for her to type in her address as you began to pull out of your driveway. She typed in her address and you began to pay attention to the directions given.

"You can play music if you'd like." You recommend quietly. If you couldn't tell by now, silence wasn't your thing.

She searched for your aux cord and once she found it; she hooked it up to her phone and played 'Love Affair' by UMI.

"Urgh, this song is one of my favorites!" You blurted out.

"Mine too," She said smiling a little bit while humming the lyrics.

You shortly joined in after her and within a couple of seconds you were both singing the lyrics. It was like the two of you were performing. Flawlessly switching between different parts of the song. You two were in each-others own little world.