xx. runskins riddles

Start from the beginning

         "Probably best for everyone if you two split." Damien awkwardly stated, "If Runskin comes, some of the rest of us could do with some of that power of yours."

          Aurora and Magnolia shared a glance.

         Aurora almost frowned when Magnolia resorted to going to the person beside her, Luke. Luke, who smiled. Naturally one by one everyone started to move. Aurora took another look up at the mansion and watched one of the candles lights go out, confirming someone was in there. It could have been the wind, but her instincts told her otherwise. However, she also could barely make out the candle in the window, it seemed like a light in the distance. She squinted her eyes slightly.

          When she turned back, she was more than annoyed to see everyone had been paired up: Magnolia, Damien, and Luke. James and Louis. She crossed her arms and made a face.

          Aurora's eyes drifted towards Sirius, whose arms were folded and seemed to be zoning out too.

"I think I'm gonna go by myself." Aurora quickly said when she realised that she was gonna be paired with Sirius. "That way we can cover more ground."

"Do you really think that's gonna happen?" Damien asked, and his tone indicated that she was not suggest it again. Aurora let out a sigh, rolling her eyes. He was giving her a look that was changing between being strict and begging her not to start arguing again. "Aurora go with Sirius."

Neither Sirius nor Aurora moved when he said this. Aurora didn't like the fact Damien paired her with him and Sirius didn't like the fact he was being bossed around by someone his own age.

Luke took her hand and abruptly pulled her away from everyone. "Say the words--"

"What words?" She looked at him.

"Just say you want to leave and you and I can go right now. Just say the words and we can leave. You don't need to do this." Luke told her, shaking his head gently, brown eyes full of concern.

"But I want to." Aurora whispered to him, "I can't keep going without knowing Draco is alright."

Luke took her hands and brought them to his lips, pressing a kiss against them.

        "I don't like children." Aurora heard Sirius say to James. "And I don't like the idea of Magnolia going in there alone without me."

        Aurora glanced down at the ground for a moment and hated the small part of her that hated the fact Sirius didn't show concern for her going in there. She knew how wrong that was. She'd grown so used to him being overprotective that him not caring felt amiss to her. It wasn't his attention she missed, that wasn't it at all.

           She didn't know what it was about Sirius that she missed. She couldn't figure it out yet.

           "She'll be fine." Aurora heard James's comment. "You need to stop worrying."

           "I can't help it when she constantly does stuff to endanger herself." Sirius exclaimed in an awfully bad attempt at a whisper.

          Aurora rolled her eyes, "We don't have all day."

          Sirius and James pulled out of their conversation and exchanged a quick glance.

          Aurora turned to Damien, "Do we really need to split up? In my experience, splitting up isn't a good option."

          "In my experience, it is. You'll be fine, you're stronger than you might think." Damien quirked, sending her a sarcastic smile. He glanced over at Sirius and then took a look at her. "Besides, might be good to have a little...bonding time."