Chapter 14: The Sorrowful Night

"I'M DYIN' DOWN HERE!" He yelled at the top of his lungs... but it was unlikely that any fur would hear him during the battle.

He desperately searched all of his pockets, including his jacket pockets for anything that he could use. But they took everything of use away from him, including his gun... obviously.

Some smoke started creeping its way down to the cells, causing Bill to start coughing occasionally in his desperate attempts to escape.

But then, he had an idea. He quickly slid off his belt and knelt down before the cell door, reaching his arm through to begin using the hook of his belt to pick the cell's lock... hoping to god that it would work.

As if by some miracle, Bill's idea worked. His sigh of relief was very dramatic as he heard the loud click of the cell door unlocking, allowing him to push the door open and rush out, away from the heat.

"Well that door ain't very secure." He muttered to himself as he put his belt back on, figuring that it was poorly made from scratch.

But he had a plan set in his mind already... to find his gun, and get the hell out of there.

He headed up the stone stairs until he reached the cellar door, slowly forcing it open. But he opened it at a very unlucky time for as soon as he did, blood was splattered all over his face by an unlucky fur who was just shot in front of him.

"Ugh, god damn it." He grumbled, using his sleeve to wipe it off. "Alright Bill, don't die." He whispered to himself before quickly running out of the cellar, jogging his way through the battlefield in order to find the weapons canvas.

As he ran, furs and humans were being killed to his left and right, covering him in a rather disgusting amount of blood. He even had to spit some out on occasion, almost making him throw up.

"Euugh, this fuckin' sucks!" He exclaimed to himself as he finally made it to one of the canvases, using its sheet wall to clean his face of all the blood, before entering it.

As luck would have it... this canvas just so happened to be the weapons canvas.

"Heh, bingo." He smirked, quickly stepping inside and closing off the canvas behind him. "Okay, where are ya baby?" He whispered... beginning the painfully slow process of searching through every single box and crate of the fur's weaponry.

-

Bruce and Cleo were still in the sky with their flock. Every Avian stared down at the ground, panicked to see the fire through the thick clouds. The thought that their home of hundreds of years was burning didn't sit well with them.

"Cleo, take a group down there. Put out the fire." Bruce ordered, apparently he had taken some kind of command in Skye's absence.

"Yes, brother." Cleo nodded, folding his wings back so that he could nose dive back to the ground, a group of four or so Avians following behind him.

Bruce watched his smaller crow brother go, glancing back at the large flock still hovering in the air behind him. "The rest of you... time for the ol' grab em' and drop em'." He commanded with a raised voice so that everyone would hear him.

The Avians behind him prepared quickly, very familiar with the technique that Bruce just mentioned. They followed his lead as he nose dived towards the ground, in the direction of Artimas's army.

To say that the human troops were surprised was an understatement. Most yelped and screamed with horror as the Avians attempted to grab one human each, some failing to grip one however. The screams were louder as the Avians began their ascent back up to the night sky, still gripping tightly onto the terrified troops.