𝟎𝟔 | 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐚

Start from the beginning

He removed his hands slowly and smiled. She was cute girl and the girl he fell in love with. He never thought he will saw her again after two years and that too in this state. She was a bubbly girl and also chubby one but now she looks like a skeleton. She has dark circles and the spark she used to have in her eyes was lost somewhere.

When Zacki called him and explained to him Dilainoor's condition, he was shocked. He never thought Shahzain would end up like this. He still remember the first time he saw her, it was at Zacki's house just like today. And the second time was at her own wedding, it was love at first sight but when Ozhan came to know about her wedding he immediately tried to stop his thoughts and feelings for her.

He can swear he tried. But it was so damn difficult. Her innocent, her beauty, her modesty - everything was so attractive. Ozhan even thought that it was just infatuation at first, but then he came to know it was love in it purest form. He never in his dream thought to see her again as a divorcee and that to for abusive reason. His heart clenched for her. She was looking vulnerable. His fist unknowingly clenched as he wanted to punch Shahzain right in his face but shooking his head as if dismissing the thought, he smiled at her.

"Oh..so..mm..you are Ozhan. Zacki bhai's friend's brother. Right ?" She hesitantly said. Her cheeks were turning red due to embarrassment.
He nodded his head. "Infact my full name is Dilainoor and only people close to me call me Noor so I didn't know you were talking about me."

"Please don't tell Bhai what I said. I..I..didn't know you were his friend..." Her voice came low, she was on the edge of crying.

"Oh..eh,please don't cry. I wasn't going to tell anyways !" He panicked a little, she sniffed and smiled with a small 'Thank you'.

Dilainoor stepped aside giving space to enter inside. "And for this cake. It's for my boy Hoorain. Last time when I came I promised him that I will buy him a cake because Zubia bhabi can't bake at all." They both chuckled at his last statement.

"App yeh kitchen me ragde, mein apna bag lek kar ati hu. [You can put this in the kitchen, I will just grab my bag.]" Dilainoor ran to her room not wanting to make her guest wait for to long.

She came back in a few minutes and told him that they can go. He nodded with a smile - a respectful one, making Dilainoor heart skip a beat. He surely was a handsome man.

~ ~ ~

"Why didn't you speak up earlier ? I..mean if you don't want to tell me. It's ok." Ozhan curiously asked still looking at the road, not wanting to make any accident. He wanted to know more about her.

"No it's ok. I was....scared and blinded by my one sided love I guess." She took a deep breath and smiled sadly.

"I fell in love with him the day I said qubool hai. I was always loyal to him. He wasn't like this at the beginning, he was...different and kind. But slowly with time, he changed and became a beast. A beast who just wanted me to fulfill his needs and desires," He cringed at her last sentence. It was disgusting. "I was slave to him, not a maid, not a wife. I think even maids are more respected than me."

How could someone do this to such pure soul ? Ozhan thought to himself, tightening his grip on the steering weel.

As he didn't say anything, she continued to talk her heart out. A sense of safeness surrounding her. "I let him do whatever he was doing. I know I shouldn't give him that much freedom, but he was getting more violent day by day. He never cared.." She let out a cold chuckle. "I was stupid to think that my one sided love would change him. I was helpless, I didn't have anyone...but now I do. And that's all that matter." She wiped the lone tear that fell from her eye and give him a tight smile.