Chapter 12

Mikasa's Point of view

Me and Eren we're walking down the street talking about some things. Day by day we learn new things about each other. We know a lot of things about each other now. And turns out we have a lot of things that we both want to do.

"Hey Mika remember the place I was talking about when we were at the Cafe?" He asks and I looked at him.

"Yeah the hill near my old house." I said.

"Yeah there. Is there any chance that we can go there? I wanna go there so bad."

"Maybe we could. I do want to go and visit my old house. I wanna go take something there." I said.

"When are you free? Maybe we can both go. Let's have a picnic there." He asks.

"Let's go on...Sunday. I'll prepare us food. But how will we get there?"

"I'll ask mom to drive us. She does know the way since she use to take me there."

"Okay great! So Sunday it is!" I said. And a while later we heard Armin calling us from behind. He walked with us and he talked about the book about the ocean. We also Eren looked so amazed while he listens to Armin.

Soon we arrived to our schoo, we saw our other friends and greeted them and headed inside the school.

_ .... . ... _._. ._ ._. .._

I waited for Eren and his mom to pick me up infront of our house. I held a picnic basket with homemade cheese burgers, strawberries and other stuffs. I also brought the keys to my old house. I wanna go back there cause I miss it there.

Soon Eren and her mom arrived. I went inside the car and we drove off.
Once we arrived Eren's mom left cause she needed to go somewhere.

"Eren can we go to our house first." I said looking at him. He nodded and we started to walk off to the path where our house lies.

Every step I take I remember my memories from when I was little. Running around the yard with my mother and father chasing me. Planting vegetables and harvesting them. Making little flower crowns and other things. I miss doing all of those.

I walked up the front of our house and took the keys and opened our door. I stepped in with Eren behind me. I walked inside and tears started to flow down from my eye. I wiped my tears and looked around the house pictures of the three of us hanging is every wall. I went to the kitchen where mom and I would cook. To the bathroom where I use to splash them when they bathe me. We then head to my room. I opened the door revealing my room. My bed was how I left it bit there's a box on top of it.

I sat on my bed and opened the box. It contained a lot of pictures of the three of us and some fabrics with me and my mother's embroidery, and a doll that was made by my mother. She thought me how to make one too and I still remember every step.

I took the doll and hugged it tight I cried again when I remembered the time mom gave this to me.

"I miss you mom."

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him and smiled. I patted my bed gesturing for him to sit next to me. He sat down and I started to tell him stories about them. He quietly listend to me. Tears kept falling from my eye as I told him the stories. He comforted me in ways I never imagined.

"There's one more room I'd like to visit then we can go." I said and he nodded and smiled at me genuinely.

We headed to my parents room. I opened the door and I was welcomed by their scent filling the room. I broke down crying again. I miss them. I miss their scent. I miss their warmth and comfort.

Eren then hugged me from behind. We stayed like that for a while. I stopped crying and went to their bed. Every memory I had here came back flooding. We use to play here every night when I have trouble sleeping. We would have pillow fights until I get tired and fall asleep. I smiled with the memories and cried cause I know I can't do those things with them ever again.

"Mikasa I'm sure they're proud of you."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

After we went through their room we decided to head out. I also decided to bring the box on my bed home.

Eren's Point of view

We headed out of the house and headed to the hill top. I never knew Mikasa was suffering this much. I wonder how much have she cried herself to sleep. I feel bad for her. All I could do now is comfort her.

The wind was getting colder and I saw that she was freezing a little. I took off my scrap and faced her. I wrapped the scarf around her neck in a bit of a messy way. Her face is now buried in the scarf.

"You good?" I ask.

"It's warm. Thank you Eren." She said and smiled a little.

"Come on then!" I said and pulled her arm and headed to the hill top. We arrived there and started to set up the picnic blanket. She took out the food she prepared. My eyes widend and I drooled once I saw cheese burgers. How did she know I love cheese burgers.

She laughs and gave me a cheese burger. There was also strawberries and apple pies. We ate quietly. After eating Mikasa went down the hill to get some flowers. She then started to make a flower crown.

"I can teach you how to make one if you'd like?" I nodded and she started to teach me. I followed every step she said but mine didn't turn out that good.

Once she was done with hers she raised it up high and put it on my head.

"Tada! It looks good on you Eren." She said and I blushed. I looked at the crown I made and pulled out a flower. I tucked the flower onto her ear and smiled.

"You look pretty with that. Too bad I couldn't make a proper crown." I said and she laughed. I blushed a little and saw a little blush across her face. Butterflies started doing flips on my stomach. It took me a while to turn back to normal.

We ran around the hill for a while and played. But not long after the sun started to set meanungvits time for us to go home. My mom then arrived and took us both home. Today was really fun. I hope I can visit this place again.