Well no shit sherlock

"The boys said you wanted to see us?" The Fray sisters walked side by side into Izzy's room. A rare occurrence really. "That's right. What are you wearing to the Downworlder party tonight?" Izzy asked. "I don't know. I was just thinking about wearing this." Clary responded. "I can't believe we're related."  Skylar muttered out loud. Izzy let out a boisterous laugh. "I don't think so. No Downworlder would be caught dead in that. Plus, it's a party, not a poetry slam." Izzy turned to Skylar. "What are you wearing?"  Skylar smirked, winked and walked out the door. 

It took a moment for Izzy to realise that Skylar was trying to tell her something. After making Clary change and Jace walking in Izzy stated. "She cleans up well. I'm gonna go see Alec. He never knows what to wear to these parties either" Before walking out.

When she saw her brother he was checking his arrows, without looking up he told Izzy to go pick out her weapons and suggested her whip. Izzy picked up an arrow and inspected it. "What's wrong with you?" Izzy asked. 

"Nothing." Alec snatched the arrow back from Izzy. "We're going to a Downworlder's rave. You should be a little more excited." Izzy pointed out. "It's a mission, not a party." Alec reminded Izzy. "Yeah, whatever. Before Clary and Skylar got here, every day was the same. Go on a mission, kill demons. Go on a mission, kill demons. At least now things are interesting."

"Interesting? Valentine is alive and actively seeking the Cup. He threatens our entire world. And we're helping his daughter. Who, by the way, we have no reason to trust. And who showed up out of nowhere. On top of that, we're gonna end up overpaying some warlock who may or may not have information we need. So, no, Izzy... I don't find it interesting." Alec snapped finishing his ramble. Izzy looked taken back. "Whoa! Feel better now?" Izzy asked. 

"No, I don't." Izzy gave him a look of disbelief. "Okay, maybe a little."

"You can't keep bottling things up, Alec. It's only a matter of time before they explode. Not the fun kind of explode." Izzy scolded. "All right, let's go. And we're not going for the music." Alec sighed. They were about to walk out when hey spotted Skylar down the hall. "Skylar!" Izzy shouted, gaining Skylar's attention. 

Skylar turned around. Once she spotted them she smiled and walked up to the pair. She looked beautiful in her casual outfit. Her hair cascaded down her back. Alec shook his head, breaking himself out of the trance he had been,  "You look amazing. Great tastes." Izzy looked her up and down, giving Skylar her approval. (Not that she needed it).

At the Pandemonium...

"Alec and Izzy are securing the perimeter." Jace informed the Fray sisters as they lined up to get into the party. "re you sure this is a good idea? Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires." Clary asked worried. Skylar rolled her eyes at her coward of her sister. "Pussy." She muttered. Clary shot her a dirty look that Skylar ignored. " Relax, all Downworlders hang out here. We just came on vampire night." Jace reassured the girl. "Right. And when is all this gonna sound normal to me?"

"Never, cause you're a dumb bitch." Skylar mumbled annoyed. Jace shrugged not knowing. Just then Alec and Izzy walked up to them and Alec placed his hand in Skylar's looking at her with a questioning glance while he informed Jace that it was all clear. "Do you think red's my color?" Izzy asked smirking at her brother. "Iz, with a body like yours, everything's your color." Skylar told the girl, giving her a smirk. Izzy basked in the attention. "Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look so good." Izzy admired the jewel that hung around her neck. 

"Will you take it off? I'm certain Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." Alec asked annoyed but backed down when Skylar shot him a look. "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." Izzy smirked at her dirty joke. "Can you just give it to Jace?" Alec sighed. "You are such a buzzkill." Izzy pouted but complied anyway. 

When they finally arrived at the front of the line and got into the party Jace advised them to blend in. "Well no shit sherlock." Skylar said out loud and received a glare from Jace. Skylar spotted Magnus from afar, slipped away to run up to him and hug him. "Hello strawberry." Magnus chuckled at the girl. "Magnus!" They heard Jace shout. "Clary and Skylar Fairchild. You've both grown into beautiful young women." Magnus gave them a charming smile. 

"Magnus Bane. So you're the one who stole my memories." Clary sneered. Skylar stepped in front of Magnus and sneered back at her twin. "Our memories and watch your tone. Magnus could keep our memories if he so pleases."  

"At your mother's request. She knew the risk. Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter." Magnus commanded and Jace handed over the jewel after some persuasion. "Amor verus numquam moritur.' 'True love cannot die.' Oh, how I've missed this jewel."

"Now, it's your turn to pay up." Clary demanded. Skylar rolled her eyes and muttered 'brat'. "I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them." Magnus had not even an ounce of remorse in his voice. "Now your sister's I do have." 

'What? Where are they?" Clay asked. Her bafflement turned into rage. "I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping." Magnus shrugged as he pocketed the necklace.  "And why the hell would you do that?" Jace asked no demanded. "To protect Clary and Skylar, well mainly Skylar, as well as the Cup. If Valentine ever captured me, he could torture Clary and Skylar's memories out of me. Just like he tortured Dot." Magnus said nonchalantly. 

"Tortured? Wait, is Dot okay?" Clary asked panicking. "You don't know? Dot is dead." Magnus's eyebrows furrowed at this discovery. Clary demanded how he knew. "He can't feel her magic anymore. Valentine probably killed her because she wouldn't betray our mother." Skylar stated as if it was obvious, which to her it was. Clary gasped and stumbled back. 

"Come with me, Clary, Strawberry. My lair can offer you protection no Shadowhunter ever could." Magnus held out a hand for them to take. While Clary immediately denied Skylar looked torn. On one hand she wanted to go with her first friend but on another hand she wanted to stay with Alec. Why? She didn't know. Magnus opened a portal once again offering to take them and when Clary denied again Magnus warned them that he wouldn't offer it again to Clary. Clary asked enraged why that didn't apply to Skylar and Magnus stated as if it was obvious because he liked her better. 

Out of her peripheral vision she could see a man running up to them with a dagger. Skylar quickly threw a knife at the same Alec shot an arrow. The man fell to the floor with a loud thud. Magnus was about to walk through the portal. "Magnus, wait! You're my only hope." Clary shouted desperately. Skylara sneered at the my. "Valentine found us. I warned your mother this might happen." Magnus sighed disappointed at Clary. "Wait!" Clary shouted. The last thing Skylar saw was Alec's panicked eyes before she was dragged through the portal by Magnus.