Gee. What am I? Chopped liver?

Skylar watched as Simon begged for Clary to go with him, saying that they would get Dot themselves. Skylar snorted at Simon's stupidity. Skylar followed Izzy as she pressed a button, revealing a rack full of weapons. Jace walked up to them as Izzy reached out to grab hold of one and slapped Izzy's hand away. "No." Jace stated firmly. "50 bucks says he doesn't approve of the mission." Izzy whispered to Skylar and just like Izzy predicted Alec was not thrilled with the idea of breaking the rules. "They made it clear that the little girl does not leave the premises." Alec stated, looking directly at Clary. "HEY! My name is not 'little girl'" Clary sneered at Alec. "And what about Skylar!" 

Skylar rolled her eyes and folded her arms. Of course Clary had to drag her into this. "Unlike you, Skylar can actually fight adequately." Alec glared coldly at Clary. Clary then stated that she would go find Dot no matter if Alec approved or not. 

"Alec, this warlock could have the answers we need. With Valentine's people out there searching for Clary, she's not safe outside alone." Jace tried reasoning with the raven-haired boy. "Jace has a point."

"Et tu, Izzy?" Alec looked at his sister. Betrayal flashing through his eyes. He turned to Clary "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?" Alec asked sarcastically. Clary then began to ramble about where they should search when she suddenly gasped and stood stock still. Jace shakes Clary's shoulder until he sees that Clary is back to normal. "What's wrong? What is it?" Clary takes a breath. "I, um... Weirdly, I think I know where Dot is." 

Simon grinned grabbing his keys. "Great. I'll drive." Everyone casted Simon a strange look. "What? Unless you have, like, a Shadowhunter-mobile or something." Simon added awkwardly, before remembering the previous conversation. Simon chuckled nervously. " You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me... right?" The 3 professionals exchanged smirks. "Possibly." Jace replied patting Simon on the shoulder and walked out. Skylar snickered. Everyone else following. "Wait ... am I going to die?" Simon called after them.  

The group arrived at the Pandemonium. Clary touched her necklaced, gasped and sprinted in. "Clary! Clary, stop! Where are you going?" Jace sprinted after her. "Two men, Circle members... the same ones who came to my house, who took my mom. They have Dot. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" Clary yelled. Skylar groaned at having to actually waste her energy. "Probably both." She muttered to herself before following everyone else.

Clary collapsed onto the ground, sobbing. "No. She was just trying to help me and now she's gone." Simon touched Clary's shoulder and pulled her into a hug. "Clary, I'm so sorry." 

"You don't understand. Dot's like my big sister." Clary clenched the necklace in her hand. Skylar scoffed. "Gee. What am I? Chopped Liver?" Clary glared at Skylar. "Can you stop being a bitch for once!" Clary screamed. "I just lost Dot! I'm allowed to be sad!" Skylar let out a hollow laugh. "Me? A bitch? Don't talk to me like you know who I am. You have never felt pain." Clary looked at her sister. "Pain? What a paper cut?" 

"No. The pain of being the spare. I had to find comfort in complete and total strangers. And the fact that I received more love and attention from them then I have from you it just sad seeing as you're supposed to be my sister!" Skylar threw up her arms. Clary stumbled back in shock at the thought of her sister suffering so much, and that it had happened right in front of her and she hadn't noticed. Skylar glared at her supposed sister. She took a shaky breath, and ran her fingers through her hair. "Forget it, it doesn't matter, does it? Because all that matters is you." Skylar sneered. Alec cleared his throat to grab everyone's attention. "It's not safe here. We have to go back to the Institute right now." 

"So, what now? Valentine has m-our mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up? What about m-our memories? They can't just be gone?" Clary snapped at Alec clearly distressed. "There's another option." Jace offered. "Don't even-" "Absolutely not." The Lightwood siblings protested almost immediately after catching onto Jace's idea. "I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Jaec shrugged.

"Yeah well, it's not about you and your feelings is it?" Skylar sneered. "Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary asked. "Did you seriously never pay attention in History Class, Clary? Everyone knows what it is. Besides it is kind of in the name of you don't know." Skylar rolled her eyes. I can't be related to this idiot! Ignoring this, Clary waited or Jace's answer. "They're Shadowhunters with superior powers." Jace replied."Who possess the ability to recover memories." Izzy continued. "A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec jumped in, as if to try and discourage Clary from going.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Simon joked but stopped smiling immediately as so as he spotted the killer glare Skylar sent his way. "We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it." Alec tried to reign Jace in. "This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision." 

"Excuse me? What am I? Invisible?" Skylar asked but received no answer. "You can't ask her to do this. She doesn't know what she's facing. She's not prepared." Izzy tried to knock some sense into Jace. "If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening." At that everyone seemed to become silent except for Skylar who clicked her tongue and looked away. "That settles it."

Jace grinned at the Lightwoods "See? I told you she's one of us." and with that everyone began making their way over to that horrid van of Simon's.

At the City of Bones...

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon retorted sarcastically after driving under a bridge. "Don't tell me your afraid." Izzy teased. "Are you kidding me? I was born afraid ... which sounded a lot better in my head." Skylar grunted, rolled her eyes and muttered "idiot".

"Let's check it out." Alec grunted.  Jace turned to Clary "Wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe." He told her and the 3 professional shadowhunters walked away. The twins and Simon stood in Silence for a few seconds before Simon could no longer take it. "Why are we doing this? We don't even know these people." Venom, annoyance and jealousy laced his voice.

"I just wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this." Simon looked as if he was going to protest. Seeing this Clary frowned. "What is it? What's wrong?" Asked Clary. "How are you not ultra freaked out by all of this?" Simon waved his arms around as if to indicate what he was talking about. Skylar sighed, not even 2 minutes in and she already wanted to just rip out Simon's vocal cords. 

"I guess I just always felt like there was something missing. Some void I couldn't quite explain. Things are finally starting to make sense. But none of it's gonna matter unless I get my-our mom back."  Clary quickly mended after remembering the scene they had created back at the Pandemonium. "Then let's do that." Simon said, trying to once again to change Clary's mind as the other trio came back. "Skylar you are going first and then Clary. You'll be going with Alec." Skylar shrugged nonchalantly and followed Alec into the tunnel.