Simon being Simon

Skylar, Alec and Izzy waited for the vampires to burst through the door. " Do you think they know where we are?" Izzy asked, breaking the tense silence. "That's the idea, isn't it?" Sklar asked while Alec asked "How long do you think we have to distract them for?"

"Ten more minutes." Izzy responded. "Ten minutes? Are you kidding? We're liquid lunch in five." Alec nearly shouted. "You could try to be at least more optimistic." Skylar muttered to Alec. "So let's distract them." Izzy smirked. "So let's distract them." Alec and Skylar agreed. Izzy warned them to get prepared as the vampires broke down the door. Alec drew his bow and fired an arrow as Izzy unleashed her snake whip. Skylar grabbed a stele that she snagged on the way out of the institute and ran at the vampires. "Finally. Something to fun to do." Skylar grinned as she sliced another vampire in half. "This is fun." Alec agreed, firing anther arrow that was trying to creep up on Izzy. "Keep coming, boys." Izzy grinned almost sadistically. 

Skylar glanced behind her to see another vampire about to strike Alec and quickly threw a dagger at his head making him stagger back.  She flipped over him and Alec, evading another vampire's attack and struck the one behind Alec in the back, disintegrating him.

They run into another room to find a vampire holding a vampire. Alec and Skylar shared a look, shrugged and shot a dagger and arrow at the wall, breaking through it letting some light in. The light hit the vampire and he screamed in pain as the other vampires scrambled to get away from the light. Jace killed the rest of the vampires as Skylar threw her stele at the burning vampire killing him. 

They continued exploring while Clary remained shaken. They walked into a corridor to find Simon being held in a choke hold by Raphael. Clary cried out for Simon. "Listen to him, Clary Fairchild. Put it away. I've had more than enough of your friend for one day. I'd love to cut his throat. Don't give me a reason. Put it away!" Raphael threatened. "Believe me, I couldn't care less about him." Skylar whispered to Alec who held in a snicker but they complied and put away their weapons. 

Clary quickly asked if Simon was alright but Simon being Simon overcomplicated it. "I wouldn't say all right—" Skylar rolled her eyes, not listening to the talking around her. It's a yes or no question. You don't have so say anything else. Skylar mentally sighed but quickly snapped her attention to Alec who had tugged on her sleeve cutting off her train of thought. They all walked out onto the rooftop and into the sunlight. "Skylar Achlys! Remember who your friends are." Raphael warned before shutting the door, leaving Skylar more confused than ever. 

Skylar watched from afar as Jace and Alec argued. She watched as he stormed away and ran after him but not before tossing a glare at Jace. 

The next morning Skylar observed as Simon and Clary fought. She sighed as Simon stormed out of the institute and already knew something was going to happen Simon. She walked away and sat down on a seat next to Alec as a meeting began. "Magnus Bane. He's over 300 years old. And, as you can see, he's not exactly shied away from the pleasures of every century. His tastes are both exquisite... and quite excessive." Hodge explained. 

Not only was Magnus part of her memories that she had gained from the Silent Brothers but she had also known him from when he healed her somehow. And from the times when he had taken care of her when no one else had. "He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta." Clary joked. "Guetta's already a Downworlder. Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?" Izzy smirked at Clary's expression. "Can you two focus? This is not a joke." Alec snapped. Skylar mentally thanked Alec and clasped their hands together. She felt Alec give her hand a light squeeze before redirecting his attention back to the holographic board. "Someone needs to gets slayed" Izzy looked at Skylar and Alec as she spoke. Both ignored her. 

"Alec's right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." Hodge almost scolded. "Most." Skylar muttered hoping no one hear her. Alec did. He sent her a questioning look but she mouthed to him that she would tell him later. "Well, then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter?" Clary asked confused. 

"Yes, one of the best. But "help" might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic."

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything." Jace supplied. Skylar rolled her eyes, clearly they didn't know anything about Warlocks. "Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them." Alec informed them. 

'Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn—" Hodge got cut off by his rune searing. Clary quickly asked if he was okay while Jace told them that he was going to set up a meeting but was quickly stopped by Skylar. "Don't bother, Goldilocks." She smirked at Jace's confused and agitated expression. She held an invitation to the downworlder party. "A Downworld rave. Nice." Izzy nodded in approval. "And where'd you get that?" Alec asked. Skylar smiled and winked. "He's an old friend. Magnus loves to party."

"He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him." Alec frowned, pointing the slight problem out. "Of course he will. He'll blend in. Hide in plain sight." Skylar contradicted. "I don't know, it seems—" Clary began.

"Trust me. If Magnus is coming out of hiding, he's going to one of the biggest parties of the year." Izzy quickly cut Clary off. She saw Skylar smirk at her. "Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism. Or his greed. Come with me" Hodge warned, walking off but not before gesturing for them to follow. Sklar's eyes began to narrow, not liking how he talked about her first friend.

Hodge drew a rune into the ground and took a necklace with a red stone from the shelf. Izzy asked if it was real. Hodge responded with "A four-karat, unheated Burmese ruby. And this necklace has special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt."

"What, Camille and Magnus were lovers?" Clary asked shocked at the revelation. "Warlock gets around." Jace grinned at his own joke while Skylar glared at him. Jace's smile faded as he caught Skylar's glare that was aimed at him. "Magnus bought it in 1857 for the price of his London townhouse. Now, the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons." Hodge informed them, ignoring Jace and Skylar completely.

Izzy took the jewel and admired it. "Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace. Offer it to him. He might just take the bait." Hodge told them. "I'll send Magnus a fire message to arrange the meeting. We have to get to Magnus before Valentine does." Jace said awkwardly and walked away.