> zweiundreißig <

Song For This Chapter: Nobody's Fool- Avril Lavigne

-----

"Mum. What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I need you to come home straight away." She says and tries dragging me away from Ashton.

"Why? What is so important that I need to go home now?"

"Matilda, your Grandpa died." Oh.

"Well I'm just going to say bye to Ash and then we can go."

"Quickly Matilda." I wince at the use of my full name and walk over to Ashton- who looks very confused.

"I have to go, so I'll see you soon." I smile and peck him on the lips.

"How about tomorrow?" he asks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"We'll see." I escape his arms and walk away.

-

We get home and my Mum takes my suitcase off me so she get the washing over and done with. She started crying once again on the way home so now her eyes are even more puffy and red.

"Once I've finished the washing, you need to repack." Mum says, sniffling a little bit.

"Why?" I ask, looking at her.

"Because tomorrow I booked us a flight to England so we can go to the funeral and look after your Gran for a bit." She explains.

"Oh ok." I say and make my way up to my room.

-

To That Handsome Twat Ashton:

Can't do tomorrow, going to england xxx

-

To My Beautiful Tilly:

Oh

-

To My Beautiful Tilly:

When will you be coming back?

-

To That Handsome Twat Ashton:

2 weeks.

-

To My Beautiful Tilly:

Well have a nice time.

-

To My Beautiful Tilly:

I love you xxxx

-

By the time we reached Heathrow Airport, I was absolutely sick of planes and airports and just wanted to get out as quickly as I possibly could.

My eyelids felt heavy from lack of sleep and my ears were still yet to pop. I felt like death.

At least it was warm here. Unlike on the plane. Their stupid aircon makes you feel like you're in the Arctic frigging circle.

We got our suitcases and spent a good half an hour trying to find the hire car. When we finally found it, we all piled in and headed away from the airport.

We got lost twice.

My grandparents' house came into view and I was finally let out of the stuffy car. My feet shuffled across the lawn and towards the front door where my Grandma stood with my Mum.

"Matilda, don't you look all grown up." She smiled, pulling me in for a hug and she planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"Hi Gran, nice to see you again." I say, making myself sound a bit more enthusiastic. I want to go home. Now.

-

To That Handsome Twat Ashton:

I already miss you :(

-

Message To 'That Handsome Twat Ashton' Failed To Send.

-

I groan in frustration and step up the stairs to the guestroom I had been assigned with.

"This is 2015, why doesn't she have wifi?" I groan and fall back onto the bed. My eyes fighting to stay open as I try to hack next door's wifi. No luck.

I throw my phone on my bedside table in defeat.

-

The two weeks had come and pasted, in the blink of an eye.

The funeral was all churchy and boring but I still cried. I mean I didn't really know my Grandpa but everyone around me was crying and it kind of got to me.

I tried facetiming Ashton in an internet cafe but then realised that when I was calling, it was about 3 in the morning and he was asleep. So I hadn't really spoken to him in two weeks. I missed him so much.

We landed in Sydney airport about half an hour ago and my parents were currently sorting out the visa stuff. Basically the boring stuff.

We were finally let through customs and were at baggage reclaim. I spotted my floral suitcase and dragged it off the conveyor belt.

I walked ahead of my parents and Emily, desperate to get out of the airport and home.

We got to the car and set off to our house, the journey boring and silent. No one spoke. Silence. The thick tension in the car was almost suffocating. To be honest, I don't think anyone knew what to say.

My Grandma basically got worse throughout the trip, the grief taking over her entire life. Her soulmate forever gone. Mum thinks that she is just going to worsen. I tried listening in on my parents' conversations on what they could do to solve the problem but every time, I couldn't hear anything. Nothing. Zilch. Zero.

It was so frustrating and they're probably going to keep their solution away from me and Emily. I mean we're not children anymore, we deserve to know what's going to happen. Don't we?

I took my suitcase into the house, walked back out and got into my car. I drove and drove until I reached my safe haven. Ashton's apartment. God I missed this building, and him. Especially him. I parked my car next to his and began to walk into the building. I was on my own in the lift. I got to the ninth floor and the lift dinged, opening the doors and I stepped out.

I wrapped my jacket around me, hugging it tight to my body. The temperature change from Spring to Autumn was not good. It's extremely cold here.

I got to apartment 9D and knocked on the door. The very familiar door.

I heard light footsteps approach and the door was swung open. I smiled expecting to see Ashton.

Not a girl with the smallest pair of pajama shorts I have ever seen and a rolled up tank top.

Definitely was not expecting that. Definitely.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was boring. I'm sorry. It's only really a filler.

Currently on my way to Blackpool. Going to Pleasure Beach tomorrow and me and my sister are going to go on all the rides 5sos went on and sing Try Hard. (We did this last year as well)

I'm really enjoying reading all the fan fics that you recommended me- especially the ones that you guys actually wrote.

I feel like I'm giving something back by reading and voting for them :). I'm slowly getting through them as well as reading Paper Towns. Tis good.

One more chapter until the epilogue :(

Byeeeeeeeeee
Erica
Xxxxx